Nitro Burn

Apr 29, 2007
i have ttr 125 and there is a ticking noise that comes from the engine. I have adjusted the valves but it still ticks. It doesn't tick all the time usually just in high 5th. anyone know what it is?

iamdawalru5

Apr 26, 2006
On my old xr, I had the same problem. I couldnt narrow it down, but I figured it was either my cam chain slapping the tensioner or whatever guides it, or the valves. I could never figure it out and maybe I was way off but thats all I could think. I also remember that when doing about 60 on it it died away...

Nitro Burn

Apr 29, 2007
i also just remembered that it started ticking on the same day that i changed the oil. Do you think that could have done anything?

poisonrain87

Sep 13, 2007
Spark plug

have you changed the spark plug recently? if you have, check and make sure you have the right one cuz ur piston could be smashing into the plug

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I don't know if this applies, but on my old street bike I had way back when, while in the Army (in S. Cali) made a ticking sound. It turned out my crank was slightly un-true, and the faster the RPM's, the faster the ticking.

I did the damage when I accidentally had two oil filter seals on the filter. I didn't notice that the old seal stuck on the engine when I replaced the filter. It actually rode fine for a couple weeks before deciding to leak at 11,000rpm and 140mph.

Top Bottom