MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
So much to remember:

1) 20 hour drive to OK that flew by like Christmas Eve.

2) BSwift's signs at 6am. I never would've found Coyle Rd with the sun in my eyes without his work. :thumb:

3) Turning into Cooperland and realizing we were going to really be at DW.

4) Meeting Thump and Elk right off the bat.

5) Elk, Billy, Armor-All, ball joints, spiders, powervalve, shoulder, kittly litter handle......

6) Being adopted by the Michigan Mafia. Thanks for the food and beer. Watching Fred T. air it out in the bikes with lights class.

7) Prowling the haunted woods during the night time poker run. :p

8) Learning corners from Billy and starts from Doug. Un-freaking-believeable. :yeehaw: Billy's cornering lessons gave me the confidence to accelerate for both the giant step-up and the uphill double in the following section.

9) Ungodly amount of free stuff!

10) Going to the gate for my second moto and having Dr. D pull up. Talked some more about my start and started prepping the gate like he had taught in class. Next thing I know, he is helping me. I felt like a factory rider for those few minutes. Thanks Doug!

11) On the first lap of my moto, a guy I was following decided at the last second not to do the giant step up. I was already past committed and I jumped squarely over him. I thought for sure we were both going to eat it. I can't imagine what it looked like to him or whoever was flagging that jump.

12) Seeing Robin go down in her moto, running over there and having her tell Thumbs and me in no uncertain terms that she had just broken her ribs (she did break them). She then proceeded to get up and finish the next lap and a half. Very proud of her for that one.

13) Before I could turn around, Haley went down in the same moto. She got up in tears and also finished. Tough girl.

14) BigLou. Thanks for all of the food and the awesome name tags. Very cool.

15) Aimee and Eddie. Great people. Can't wait to get a long layover in St. Louis.

16) Chris Brown. What a cool person.

17) Getting passed by a guy on a KTM thumper. Realizing it was Guy Cooper.

18) Being able to let the kids run free without being worried about their safety.

19) Leaving my trailer and toolbox unlocked for a week and not even thinking that was strange or risky.

20) Poker run. I don't do woods very often, but that was a blast.

21) The surreal atmosphere of meeting good friends that you'd never actually met. :cool:

22) The Heartland Spodes. Super job and thanks for everything.

23) Nikki and Blackhawk. Haley was inspired to see that "girls" could ride so fast. Prior to DW she rode because the rest of us rode, now she wants some trophies.

24) Thanks to Sarge for the Wyndham gift certificates.

25) Okie and clan. You aren't doing well as an evil emperor. You're just too damn nice. Shiftless is a great mom to the entire DW family.

26) There are so many more: Mully, JP, Oldguy, Zoomer, Jeff Gilbert and Tigger too. Milk, FEPrincess, GetMOCHA ;) , Jaybird, 380EXC, MikeP, TwinSpar,motohead00 and others that I'm forgetting. I'll get back to you once my head clears.

Thanks to Asterisk and all of the sponsors. My family wasn't sure what they were in for, but they can't wait for next year.

Last edited:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Todd, it was cool meeting you and Robin and the kids, you're all awesome! I still think of your generosity with the SW airline tickets because you got a few others to DW who maybe might not have made the trip. And then in turn those people were a blast to meet! Thanks!!

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Todd, it was great to finally meet you. Don't you dare pass through St. Louis again without getting in touch with us! ;)
Robin flat out kicks butt! It was a real pleasure meeting her. Doesn't it hurt to smile that much?! :)
By the way, you forgot your dog. ;)

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
It was cool meeting you too Todd and Robin! Thanks for 'splainin all of your flight duties to me too. :)

Attachments

• elk727.jpg
    elk727.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 477

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Originally posted by MX-727

No, Chris is watching her for us until next year. :thumb:

Just great! Milk had to go and post a picture of your dog. Buddy.... I can see why you left that Cheech looking Mexi dog back in Oklahoma with Brownie! ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
^^^^^
Wouldn't that make it an ELK dog ??????? :)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Todd, I owe you a big wet kiss for hauling the scooter to CO. (Actually, super rat owes you one.)

When you guys move to MS, we need to hook up for a ride. :thumb:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Todd, I owe you a big wet kiss for hauling the scooter to CO. (Actually, super rat owes you one.)

:eek:

Wouldn't that make it an ELK dog ???????

I wouldn't call her that just because she wandered from camp to camp looking for handouts. :p

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
You are one cool dude man. Meeting you was a highlight of my DW experience! Nice to meet you, Robin and the kids. Thanks for helping get Dougs Cannondale to DW. Glad we could supply you with some food after that long day!!! PM me your address and I'll get a copy of that video to ya as soon as I figure out how to dub it. That motocross stuff is pretty cool if you go slow enough like me to not get hurt! Thanks for cheering me on. Hope Robin heals quickly - ribs are a major ouchie!!
Fred T

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Todd it was great to finally meet you and the family, you have a great one (family) by the way. Looking forward to a BBQ St. Louis style when you hit town next time.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Memories of DW 02

1 - Wiggling like a puppy for 2 months during preparations and planning.
2 - Driving around Denton trying to find where Jeff was getting a new tire.
3 - Wondering when the crane was going to show up to lift out Txbigguy's grill.
4 - Setting up Camp Tejas. (Note to self ... more chairs next year)
5 - Breaking my toes.
6 - The expression on Natalie's face when she saw the expression on my face as the wheelchair almost tipped over and I stood briefly on my broken foot when the nurse took me back into the ER.
7 - Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (That was a real departure, because I usually get Vanilla)
8 - Meeting everyone.
9 - Missing meeting all too many people because it was hard to wander around with crutches.
10 - Feeling helpless and everyone helping me.
11 - Okie tracking me down to take me out to the bonfire.
12 - Chrispy saying ... here, try this it is good.
13 - Hearing Txbigguy say ... You have rib steaks, not ribs!
14 - Begging people to come eat, because I brought way too much food. Thanks Dave for cooking all our stuff!
15 - Climbing to the top of the tower to take photos of the first heat of the races. That thing shakes when you hop around on the top level!
16 - Having to stop and air my tire up twice on the way back home. Thanks to XR Guy and Stan for changing it for me.
17 - Cooking the last 8 racks of ribs last night on my grill. I can eat them over the next few weeks and months and remember how much fun I had.

:thumb: Thanks to everyone involved in the planning and all that attended for what, to date, is the most memorable week of this boy's life.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Todd, you and your family are the best. Great meeting you guys. You DID forget your housebroken dog though!;) That photo of us was when I was lurking the camp for something that I could use as a replacement part. I almost snipped one of your spokes!:)

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Great sig Carlo. :)

I think you should've got a trophy for ingenuity. Your fix on the powervalve was amazing. One other thing, you'll know when I've got a long SoCal layover. :thumb:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
;)

Mikeb

~SPONSOR~
Jun 8, 1999
Todd, Glad I got the chance to talk to ya before you left. When you guys move to Miss. give me a shout and we will hook up and go riding in the forest.

V-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 13, 2000
Todd, Meeting you and your wonderful family was certainly a highlight for the the "Michigan Mafia". Here's a photo that Sal shot later in the week. I don't know who's more tired, Chance, Haley or Sarah!
Randy

Attachments

• picture 001.jpg
    picture 001.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 243

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Todd - Sorry I didn't get top meet you.
As I have looked through the posts today, I have realized that I missed more people than I thought. :ugg:
I met everybody between Camp Tejas and the Porta Potties, and you were the exact opposite way! I didn't get to peruse like I wanted.
After the last week I have been wishing my screen name was crutches ....

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
We sort of met. I talked to you a bit after you got back from the hospital.

I think the girls wore Chance out :)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by Tony Eeds

6 - The expression on Natalie's face when she saw the expression on my face as the wheelchair almost tipped over and I stood briefly on my broken foot when the nurse took me back into the ER.

Yeah, I could not get outta my chair in the waiting room fast enough to save you, buddy!! That was pure pain and agony on your face, but you didn't make a sound, tough guy!! LOL! ;)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Todd, I enjoyed meeting you and your family. We could not believe that you turned the keys to your truck over to Napper. You had known him two hour maybe. It was my first experience of the DW hospitality. :aj:
I hope Robin is feeling better soon. Moving to Mississippi??? Sounds closer! Maybe we will see you before DW '03. :thumb:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
He said he had a CDL. Sounded good to me. :)

Does anyone ever really know Napper? ;)

Top Bottom