a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Just wanted to add my little story and thanks for DW and all that helped. My little trip with Billy was an experience right from the start. Dr "D" came to my house with a new ride for DW which was kinda cool. Billy and I loaded up and headed out and after taking the right freeway, not the one to Las Vegas, we were on the right track. A few miles later, Billy's truck started smoking outta the keyhole! He turned off the ignition, while driving at 75 and then turned it back on after I shouted. "That wasn't real smart" he said. We both agreeed and figured it was the crusie control.

The ball joint pooped outta the upper right control arm and we noticed it AFTER we arrived at DW. Probably better that way. We suited up for some pre-riding and I found that my powervalve was sticking. I pulled it apart and Billy pushed up on the actuator and it got jammed. He looked at me and said, "Sorry". We laughed and I struggled with that little booger for the next few days. I finally was able to get it fixed by Wednesday after using a kitty litter box handle as a replacement part for the actuator. It WORKED! I was pretty surprised myself but what the heck, it was DW and I wasn't gonna miss it.

I popped my sholder outta place and Thump fixed it for me. He told me AFTER that he only saw pictures in a book and wasn't real sure how to do it. Pokie had some video going so I put on my war face and waited for the scream. Believe it or not, it popped back in all the pain went away. I've got some great bruises though.

Thump had a terantula in a plastic bag, which was open, and he walked towards me. Well, I had my powervalve apart in my hand and he tossed the fury creature into my lap. That cause my body to go into to convulsions and I tossed my parts into the air as I ran for cover. We spent the next hour finding all the parts.:)

Everything else that went on during the week was awesome, I can't even remember it all. All I can say is that everyone was great and I ate better there than at home. You guys rock:aj:

Okie, thanks for making a dream come true to a 36 year old guy. I got to line up at the starting gates with Billy Frank, Dr. "D" and Guy Cooper. They may have not know I was behind them but that doesn't matter. My goal was to make 3 laps before they lapped me. They didn't let that happen, it took Dr. "D" and Billy just under 3 laps to complete the task. DAMN!

Thanks to all the sponsors, Billy and all for making it happen. Thanks Billy for letting an average guy ride in your fire ridden popped ball joint truck for 2600+ miles :thumb: I'll take the graze and peck combo please!:)

Oh well, I'll add more on other threads that appear. Thanks to all, untill next year.....

Elk, Master of the Wild

kingriz1

Aug 2, 2001
Sounds like a blast. Wish I could have gone.

Elk next time we debate, remember those tarantula's can be fed exed!

LOL! Just kidding.

Maybe

Hope you heal up quickly.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:);)

Top Bottom