High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I rode for the first time since DW this weekend.  I hurt my thumb and have been unable to hitchhike to the track until now.

I made it up Saturday morning and got to ride with Whyzee, Linus, James, James' other brother Scott, Ivan, CueRX, MxMac.  Well, in typical tardy fashion, MxMac didn't show up until I was already leaving.  I had to leave by 2:00 to get to a soccer games by 3:00.

Ricky broke his toe shortly by walking into a doorway shortly before his soccer game.  he still played, and they won 3-1 against a team they had a fairly big rivalry with.  he didn't ride Sunday, though.  he almost did, but I broke the kickstarter on the 80 when I went to start it and he didn't want to push start it to get going each time.

Tommy rode a fair bit Saturday and Sunday.  We spent the night Saturday night and got up early enough (before opening) so he could ride the intermediate track.  He rode that for half an hour or so and then I talked him into trying the big MX track.  He successfully made hist first ever lap on it without falling!  I was impressed.

I rode Ike's 525SX Saturday most of the time, but jumped on Linus' new-to-him 2000 426 when he wasn't looking.  I was impressed.  I don't know what exhaust it has, but it was the smoothest power of any 426 I've ridden.  The suspension felt good, too.  I didn't want to get off of it, but I figured I better stop before he came out and knocked me off of it.

Sunday I rode Danny's YZ250.  I did OK on it, but it sure didn't feel as comfortable as the 4 strokes I've been riding (I ride whatever people leave laying around unattended).  With a 4T, they seem to always have predictable power whenever you twist the throttle.  With the 2T, it is much miore dependent on RPM and clutch control.

There was a kid and his mother up from Pax Traxx (they own it) north of Daytona.  From their description, it sounded like a neat facility that we'll be visiting (hopefully soon).  The kid, Jimmy (14), rides 125B and was riding very wel.  I had to keep cutting the track to get back in front of him at least 2 or 3 times per lap.  Nice kid, too.  He was doubling some of the stuff on the BMX/Fiddy track SX style...it looked doable, but very tough to land just right and then stop before going over the wall.

I rode both days and never even hit the ground once!  The thumb still hurts and is weak, but was good enough to ride gently. :yeehaw:

Two more weeks and I'll be riding up in Maryland at The Landing!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
This past weekend was fun. I had a blast in the woods and enjoyed a little freestyle too.

Unfortunately my attempted no footer turned out to be a McNutty instead when I didn't get my feet back on the pegs in time :eek:

Ivan

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Gomer, I beginning to think that you don't really ride because I've never seen you on a bike in the past two Dirtweeks. :p
Glad you got the chance to have some fun and stay off the ground. I did a little riding last week at an old style mx track and had a blast. I sucked pretty bad but then again I was without insurance for that week. I plan on hitting it this coming weekend cause I have "full coverage" again so I can start the race as soon as the gate drops. ;)
I did do a little riding yesterday at the local blue groove track. Had a little race going on with one of Tigger's class mates on an 80. I was doing pretty good staying right on his back wheel untill I got outta shape in the newly designed whoop sectioned. They tell me it looked really "sick" but I had a great save. The bad part is I jarred my back a little and had to slow down for a breather so the little puke ran off and left me. I bet I was the talk of Tigger's school today when a 12 year old on an 80 waxed her Dad. :whiner:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
LOL!

So how many times have *you* used the line...
Just wait till you're MY age!
Practically everyday my friend :whiner:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Also my first day back on the bike since DW. I have to say it was a great day. I rode under my ability and just had a fun time. James & Ivan talked me into some trails riding and I enjoyed the heck out of that. Got me looking for some bark busters now. I still don’t think I could give up the track. I did notice Barbara’s new earth mover on the trails hard at work. I think those trails are going to be awesome by spring.

As for Virginia, I’m not going. The deal fell through and I’m hanging out bidding some projects to make up the lost time. I would come down and ride with you guys this weekend but I have the airbox apart and the new gasket will not be in until next week. I got a great deal on a NEW Black airbox, and am swaping out the white one.

I plan on going up to my suppliers next weekend and picking everything up (windows) and being down the following weekend.

Top Bottom