beer_stud_76

Mod Ban
Aug 30, 2002
My GF got her first bike yesturday: an 03 XR100. she's quite small (5'3 125 lbs) and eventually wants to end up on a heavy cruiser like a Honda shadow or valkerie, but decided that these would be bad choices to learn on.

anyway, it took about 45 minutes yesterday of instruction and practice and she was burning through the gears and grinning to beat hell. all in all it was a good day. and i'm trying to get her to register here. she doesn't know any girls that ride dirt bikes (me either acutually).

thats all

jeremiah

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Very cool! There are LOTS of us "short old ladies" around here for your GF to correspond with, so encourage her to join us. Many of us also ride street, so she'll fit right in. BTW... that was a VERY smart move for her to start in the dirt first; many kudos for THAT decision!

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Congrats, and welcome. You're from Shelton? I am on the opposite side of the state, but come over to visit and ride occasionally. Check out the West Chapters forum to check out our upcoming ride plans. I don't know if I'll make it for that or not but I'd like to, and if not, there are some other chick riders on the "Wet" side.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
That's good news and tell your GF to get registered so we can hear how its going on the new bike!

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Dang! I can't believe none of you ladies are barbequeing him for the "old lady" terminology! :eek: :p

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by RoosteR13
Dang! I can't believe none of you ladies are barbequeing him for the "old lady" terminology! :eek: :p

Ya know, I was going to, but just couldn't think up anything snappy enough. As long as SHE doesn't mind it I guess it's ok . . . but I wouldn't appreciate being anyone's "Old Lady" myself.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by RoosteR13

LOL that's the first thing I thought of when I read the title to the post. Here in TX it's very common place to hear guys say that. Needless to say, I haven't seen any of them do that while their Old Lady is within earshot. :)

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Pure as the driven snow, right??? :)

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Jeremiah, first off congrats on the new bike. Let us know how it goes (or as the others have said, get her to).
Second: chill out dude. If anyone was seriously offended at you calling your g/f your old lady, you would've known about it. I think ya need to read some more posts to figure out what they're like in here. Notice though, it was a guy who commented about it (and a Texan to boot - sorry GH if you're not originally Texan) ;)
If you get a chance, take your little woman to one of the girls' spodefests, she'll have a great time with 'em. (Reno in Feb) Oh & threads going off the original topic - we're women, what else can ya expect - we've learnt from you guys :) But do get her to give us an update, it's always cool to read the enthusiasm of a newbie.
Michelle

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Dude i thought u were meaning your mum, 'your old lady' isnt what you'd call your gf from where im from, call her the missess. Anyways i took an ex of mine on a ride of my RMX250 once(i was sitting on the back just incase) and she went nuts, i didnt expect her to twist the trottle so hard!! She loved it and wanted more, we ended up having to walk back cos we ran out of gas!!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by beer_stud_76
lighten up

Whoa, easy there killer! I think you're missing the point of everyone's posts. Seems to me that you need to learn the power of the smilie. :)

sorry GH if you're not originally Texan

How'd you guess? Was it my Yankee accent? :)

Oh & threads going off the original topic - we're women, what else can ya expect

Us Dudes are pretty good at yapping about nothing as well. ;)

KeltWolf

~SPONSOR~
Oct 23, 2002
Ouch on the Texan thing! :)

One of my nicknames is "Tangent" because I cannot stay on one topic and my husband says keeping up with the mind jumps is like an aerobic workout.... ;)

Oct 22, 2000
Originally posted by Green Horn

How'd you guess? Was it my Yankee accent?

<Yosemite Sam impersonation> "A Yankee?!?" <Yosemite Sam off> I'm a transplanted "Yankee" too (from the great state of Taxachussetts). Where y'all from?

And by the way ladies, I still have not bought my lovely daughter a bike. It seems that she's just too unpredictable (loses interest in things very quickly), even at age 18! It may be a moot(sp?) as she has just signed on the dotted line and will soon be the newest Airman in the U.S. Air Force. I'm so proud of her.

RatTrap

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
I don't know if I'll make it for that or not but I'd like to, and if not, there are some other chick riders on the "Wet" side.

See, while ya'll are all wrapped around the "old lady" thing, I'm still trying to figure out what FireCracker meant by this? :confused: :eek: :thumb:

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Get your mind out of the gutter, that's a regional joke. It rains a lot on the west side of the state but not over here east of the Cascades so we call the puget sound area the "west side" or "wet side."

Last edited:

bluerider125

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2002
Originally posted by jboomer

See, while ya'll are all wrapped around the "old lady" thing, I'm still trying to figure out what FireCracker meant by this?

i WAS pondering this, but since i never have my mind in the gutter, i figured it out. (if that ain't a lie, then i don't know what is.) :eek:

good job on getting your other more-than-half-slash-girlfriend-slash-missus-slash-NOT-"OLD-LADY" her new bike, and interest in the cycling world. :thumb:

i crack myself up, LOL. :):)

(p.s. it pays to suck up! ;) )

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Hey Beer Stud: Tell your "woman" that Woodsy says good job on the selection of a learner!!!! Tell her to get as much time in the saddle of that lil HOnda as she can before moving to the cruiser. Get those basic HABITS down pat BEFORE she hits the highyway and she will have many great rides!! I personally think it is SOOOOOO cool to see lady's ridin scoots (either woods or road) - just goes to show that we have come a long ways in cultural growth!
Now do you remember the time ol Woodsy said that he would recipricate you going easy on me in the debate? I aint sayin nothin about your "old lady" comments :))))
You gotta get your girlfreind to participate in these forums - its a riot!
Merry Christmas
Woodsy

Top Bottom