Need An 8.4 W

Need An 8.4 WP shock spring

Does anybody have a 8.4 spring for a WP rear shock they'd be willing to sell? I went to Lansing Cycle yesterday and they won't have any for a couple of weeks. I'd like to get one a bit sooner if possible. Thanks for the condensing of needed info XRPredator. Was a cup of coffee away from having my head pulled from my azz this morning and jabbed the wrong button.....

Last edited:
How much do you weigh? If under 200 an 8.4 may be a bit stiff. I run an 8.4 but my bike weighs more and I think I do also. I have an 8.0 if you want to try it.

Denny, thanks for the reply! I only weigh about 190 W/O gear but my camelback, boots, helmet and fanny pack with tools puts me over 200 and I'm having a hard time getting the proper sag while maintaining the proper bike free sag. I put a little more preload on the 8.0 I am currently running to get the rider/bike sag closer to the mark but the free sag is a little less than recommended and the bike handles funny. The fella at the bike shop guessed I was in the 180 range and suggested the 8.0 also but my thick skull adds ten lbs. that isn't obvious. I definately appreciate the input/suggestions, thanks again for the reply. Have a good day....Nick

KTM Mike

Mi. Trail Riders
Hey TC or slowone - I have an 8.4 - and would like to try a 8.0...maybe we can work something out? I went to the 8.4 when i was around 215 to 220 lbs (yikes!)...I am now around 190 to 195 and am thinking the 8.4 is a tad heavy for me (250 2t)

Might be a possibility KTMMike. I am 190 and I can get the sag correct without gear but as soon as all of my chit is on it's a bit much. I know that a certain percentage of variance in spring rate is allowed, especially for production springs, and I'm guessing mine is on the lighter end of the allowed variable.

KTM Mike

Mi. Trail Riders