glhman222

Jun 20, 2006
ok so my dirtbike didnt run had like no compression and oil spurting out of the crankcase breather, so i take the motor apart and find the pistons fried and part of it melted to the cylinder, if i bore out my cylinder, where could i get an oversized piston and rings, i tried xrsonly webiste but there website is not working now, its a 2000 XR200R

glhman222

Jun 20, 2006
Thank you so much

omg thank you so much i looked forever and could not find a website with this mush stuff on it for my bike yes it is sleeved and the piston melted to the cylinder, i dont know if that makes a difference thanks again

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
An XR200 can be re-bored. Your local dealer should be able to order an oversized piston and ring set. I would recommend finding out why it seized the piston in the first place.

It is unusual for a four stroke to seize. Unless the engine obviously ran out of oil, I would check the oil pump to make sure it is still pumping oil. Also, buy a service manual if you don't already have one. Lots of good info in there.

If you want an aftermarket piston kit check out www.lasleeve.com

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
The XR200 cylinder is not a plated cylinder. It is a cast iron liner that can be re-bored or replaced.

glhman222

Jun 20, 2006

it did not sieze iyt just lost an asslozad of compression and wouldnt start, it moved very freely it is really wierd

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
glhman222 said:
so i take the motor apart and find the pistons fried and part of it melted to the cylinder

Oh, Ok. Excuse me. :coocoo: I thought you said something about the piston being melted to the cylinder. :whoa:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
kyb_suspenders said:
If the cylinder was originally chrome plated, then have the cylinder replated! Cast iron liners will bring your bike back 20 years technology wise!

The only thing chrome plating does better than cast iron is burn more oil. There will be no performance increase with chrome plating over cast iron. The rings often won't seat as well with chrome. You can bring a slightly worn cylinder back into specs with chrome plating, however. There is no great technological difference between chrome and cast, which is usually a variety of steel.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom