Need one armed activities to keep me busy!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Man you guys are a bunch of smart asses!! :moon: (but I guess I set myself up for it)

Geeze... I was hoping for something along the lines of fishing, hiking, and announcing races not... uhh... well... uhh...

Looks like I missed the good replies too :silly:

Man - I think I'm gonna be starting a new position here at work next week and probably lose LOTS if not all my DRN time during the day. Woe is me! What else could go wrong? :debil:

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Maybe the itching has clouded your senses? Here's a quick refresher:

Scrub the floor

Dust the furniture

Vacuum

Throw Red's skivvies in the washer

Load/Unlead the dishwasher

Microwave dinner

Get the newspaper

Fetch Red's slippers

Trim his toenails

Clean the toilet

You know... regular woman things. :flame:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yeah, chick stuff, I'm with ya Zio.;)

Bite me Milkolina!!:moon:

TOTALL

Feb 21, 2002
This could get ugly. :scream:

Nikki how about,
"OFFICAL TEQUILA TESTER"
"INDIAN GREETER"
Or you could go on family feud and hit the button for the family's :laugh:

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by nikki
Man you guys are a bunch of smart asses!! :moon: (but I guess I set myself up for it)

Nikki.

Too bad you don't live in California. You could be my co-driver. :confused:

Driving here on our freeways, you can get by with only one finger. :scream: :laugh: :laugh:

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Alright I can't keep quiet I tried. Nikki - One arm, build up the muscles so your ready for your comeback. Keep Red happy !

Fishing definately fishing take up Fly fishing, no thinking, relaxing and when you are left in peace, time for reflection. It will help you slow down your pace and in your mind life will be more clear. ( Went fishing this morning. 1st day of Trout here. My wife caught 5 on worm my kids caught one each on worm. I tried 3 flies in 2 hours and caught nothing. I reflected well. )

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I have to say being 89er's co-pilot is a great idea, whenever he falls asleep while driving (not his fault you know, it's a condition) you can slap him on the grape to wake him up.;)

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
fishing is cool but....baiting a hook with one hand can be tough, especially if you are a novice baiter. on the other hand milk can one hand bait all day, being he's a master-baiter from way back. hiking is cool to, tho there are draw backs. you have one arm and your walking stick, which by most accounts would suffice. once again, according to milk, you can some times get attacked by bears.if this happens you can try to defend yourself by beating the bear with one arm and one stick, but according to milk, you have to use 2 arms and a stick to effectivley beat-off a large black bear. now, there is police trainee, carlo says he can preform a full body search on an average sized mexican man with one arm. so..i guess there are many options.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Have you considered volunteerism? We could all gain a lot from a little public service. Take Elk for example. Not only is the guy putting his life on the line for us while in uniform, but he also volunteers at the Rectal Exam Institute on Polk Street. He says the commute once a week is exhausting, but giving back to those who gave to him is very rewarding.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
The way she acquired this injury tells me that she has more to *cough* play with *cough cough* than some of you guys do. :eek:

Nik ~ One thing they may or may not tell you in PT is to squeeze a tennis or racquet ball with your right hand to help keep the blood flowing and to keep the muscles, tendons and ligs active. When you get your arm out of the sling and you're allowed to move it around alittle, rehab tubing is awesome stuff. :thumb: It's safer than weights and you can use it anywhere. Plus, it's GREAT for snapping people in the bootie. :) As for one armed activities? :p Hehehehe. ;)

B

biglou

Announcing is a pretty good gig for the most part. You get paid to watch MX all day and talk about it. Just be sure you're not shy about sitting in a tower and talking to a few hundred people at a time! The downside to it is, you will get to hear every freaking "50 dad/mom's" complaints about little jimmie not getting scored correctly, why cant they have their own class, etc. That gets old fast I'm here to tell ya... But hey, a few extra bucks don't hurt, and it keeps you in the scene in some capacity.

Crash, zio: :aj:

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Originally posted by sfc crash
fishing is cool but....baiting a hook with one hand can be tough, especially if you are a novice baiter. on the other hand milk can one hand bait all day, being he's a master-baiter from way back. hiking is cool to, tho there are draw backs. you have one arm and your walking stick, which by most accounts would suffice. once again, according to milk, you can some times get attacked by bears.if this happens you can try to defend yourself by beating the bear with one arm and one stick, but according to milk, you have to use 2 arms and a stick to effectivley beat-off a large black bear. now, there is police trainee, carlo says he can preform a full body search on an average sized mexican man with one arm. so..i guess there are many options.

Hey, you sound like a chronic master baiter yourself.  :moon: :yeehaw:

WideOpen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 21, 2000
you could ride a quad (please dont shoot me)

I see plenty of 'necks riding with 1 arm steering and the other holdin the beer. you'd have to stop to drink a beer though

:laugh: :laugh:

geremacheks

~SPONSOR~
Feb 14, 2002
It's really hopeless.

But if I were you, I'd be bold, and get on that bike and break the other arm--and both legs while you're at it--and throw in some concussions, too. :scream: Then you can write another topic about "Need some right side brain activities to keep me busy". And I don't have to tell you about the unselfish sympathy that will be pouring out (not like all this crap here). ;)

Sfc crash----There's a fishing department editor spot opened at Outdoor Life--if milk doesn't apply first.

But if you don't qualify there, I know you (or milk) will at least qualify for their new North American fishing contest. There's three categories: Fresh Water, Salt Water, and Open-Water-Master-Baiter-Of-The-Year. I can only guess where you would fit....... :laugh:

Nikki---your innocent and sweet! Stay that way. :thumb:

Last edited:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Originally posted by Flying Scot
........Keep Red happy !

I'm sure she doesn't need her arm for that. :debil:

Nikki how could you start a thread like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
ya know .... they say dirtbikers ....... are a bunch of ................ WANKERS :scream: :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom