Released by the doctor to be normal again!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
The rollercoaster ride is OVER!!!! :yeehaw:

Well yesterday was exactly three months from my crash in the first race of the season which resulted in a busted up shoulder including three partial rotator cuff tears, along with a bunch of swelling and some cool roadrash (I have a scar on my elbow that resembles a biohazard symbol :) ). And I have officially been released (with a home strengthening program) to be a normal person again!

I went from a killer 125C/womens class holeshot and lead to getting clipped in the air on a jump to passing out cold in the pits to an ambulance ride from hell to being diagnosed a broken arm in 2 spots by my elbow to finding out it wasn't actually broken to sleeping in a recliner for 3 weeks to finding out I could be sidelined for 3-9 months and need surgery to going for a couple of coffin scans (MRIs) to never-ending physical therapy sessions to being told a month ago by my ortho that the motion may take 1-2 years or NEVER come back to finally feeling somewhat normal again!!

I started riding again about 6 weeks ago but have been taking it easy as, at that time, I probably had 60% motion and 20% strength but I just couldn't stay away. My therapist was great and helped prove the doctor wrong who was very pessimistic on my internal shoulder motion returning. I still have a long way to go with strength as I'm around 50% of my good arm, but I'll get there!

Thank you everyone so much for the support while I was down and out! It really helped make the time pass and keep me positive! I really appreciate it! :thumb:

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Very cool!  No silly injury gonna keep you off your bike for 3-9 months!  Pffft!   :thumb:

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
Great news Nikki. :aj: Glad to hear it! As stated before, just don't push to much too soon. Good news indeed, but I do have to question this NORMAL thing OldGuy is speaking of....:think:

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Ah, just tell that poopy ol' doctor you don't need much internal rotation to twist the throttle anyway. ;)

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I see the "normal" statment got alot of play so I will hush up! HA!

need to throw in a HS race see how the stamina is with that!!

wardy

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Great to hear the news! I'll be nice and say good to have you back riding.;):)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Awesome news Sweet Cheeks!  I can't wait until you spank my old ass on the track at DW03!!! :)

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Originally posted by nikki
The rollercoaster ride is OVER!!!! :yeehaw:

I went from a killer 125C/womens class holeshot and lead to getting clipped in the air on a jump to passing out cold in the pits to an ambulance ride from hell to being diagnosed a broken arm in 2 spots by my elbow to finding out it wasn't actually broken to sleeping in a recliner for 3 weeks to finding out I could be sidelined for 3-9 months and need surgery to going for a couple of coffin scans (MRIs) to never-ending physical therapy sessions to being told a month ago by my ortho that the motion may take 1-2 years or NEVER come back to finally feeling somewhat normal again!!

Since you were able to spout out 114 (+/-) words in one breath, no pauses in your excitement, then yes, I'd say you are a normal female again! :laugh: Welcome back to the 2-wheeled world! :yeehaw:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Great to hear Nikki :yeehaw:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
:cool:

It was fairly apparent you were well on your way to "normal" watching you ride a couple weekends ago!

:yeehaw:

go get 'em nikdog!

Milk

Looking for Mr. Right
Jun 28, 2002
Damn, I dunno how I missed this, but CONGRATS WOOHOO! Ride well and fast and be safe!! :)

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
Rooster said it best. Your speed is definitely coming back after seeing ya ride down at Wardy's a couple weeks back.

Keep it on two wheels!! :thumb:

SirThumper

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Awesome, :thumb:
If only more women would come back with your determination after a bad spill, instead of giving it all up. (looking all around to see if the wife is looking). I tell ya if I were 10 years younger, red dog wouldn't have a chance. :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Great news Nikki! Just in time for summer ...

Top Bottom