MeanorMX

May 30, 2007
Hey guys,

I need some help on techniques jumping. I ride an RM125 just for note.

When I hit jumps, my nose always dives down, and to help that, I try giving it throttle at the lip of the jump to pop my front up, but still 50% the time I end up doing a huge wheelie and landing awkward just like before.

Should I just ride straight over the jump or what?

Any help is appreciated.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
Search "jumping" and you'll get a novel of info back.

Consistent throttle when jumping is best, don't chop it or blip it at the lip or you'll nose dive or wheelie as you've already seen. Pick a speed your comfortable with (assuming it's NOT a gap jump in which case you need a certain speed to clear it) and hold that speed all the way throught the jump.

MeanorMX

May 30, 2007
Ok, because my friend that I ride with jumps the throttle a little bit and he has pretty much mastered it and I was just wondering if I should do the same. Thanks :)

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
MeanorMX said:
Ok, because my friend that I ride with jumps the throttle a little bit and he has pretty much mastered it and I was just wondering if I should do the same. Thanks :)

When you hold the throttle at the same point he's "jumping" it to from before the jump all the way through the face of it, you can wave to him when you pass him in the air :nod:

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Go to this site totalvid they have all the gary semics instructionals plus tons of other instructionals they have like a 3 day free trial. but its only 9.99 a month for unlimited downloads I highly recomend they have ryan hughes and a bunch of others as well

MeanorMX

May 30, 2007
Perfect! I tried just maintaining an RPM and it worked most of the time. I only nose dove about 5% of the time, but I'm just starting to jump. I watched him wheelie off of jumps as I hit them perfectly. Thank you for the advice. Is there anything else I should know?

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
MeanorMX said:
Perfect! I tried just maintaining an RPM and it worked most of the time. I only nose dove about 5% of the time, but I'm just starting to jump. I watched him wheelie off of jumps as I hit them perfectly. Thank you for the advice. Is there anything else I should know?

Sweet, glad it worked out. Even with a consistent RPM, your body position and other things can effect the pitch, so there's still some adjusting you can do and practice will get you comfortable with that.

Landing a little nose down is pretty much ideal anyway, as you can land and be on the gas which helps take some of the roughness out of the landing.

96 YZ 125

Jan 10, 2007
i had this same problem wen i started jumping, it turned out that my rear spring was to blame. it was setup for a rider that weighed more than 50 pounds more than me. once i changed the spring, i had no problems at all

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom