Need something to do with those old sprockets?

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I saw a clock made from a sprocket in a mag somewhere that I thought would be cool for the garage. That was until I realized it was about $100 bucks.

If you know me at all you know I'd rather make anything than buy it if I can get it work as well as I need it to. So I thought why not make one myself from a sprocket that I've got some equity in instead of some namby pamby cnc'ed piece of aluminum that would never see the likes of a chain, or mud, or sand or.........you get the picture.

Well, one used rear sprocket and about $6.00 later and here's the first attempt. Its a fender washer suspended by safety wire to give a mounting point for the clock motor. The motor came with gold hands and numbers that quickly got painted Yamaha blue since that's what I had around. As soon as I wear out a CS sprocket I'll mount it over the center to hide the motor a little better (wife's idea). Its pretty rudamentary but it works.

KWJams

~SPONSOR~
Sep 22, 2000
But the teeth don't count out right :ohmy:

At 6:35 the teeth indicate that it is eleventeen thirty seven. :think:

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Cool idea! I like it! Problem is, with as much as I ride I won't be able to make my own clock for another 10 yrs. :)

Top Bottom