Gabe517

May 25, 2012
Hello everyone on here, i'm new to the site but not new to the motorcycle community.

i bought a 2008 Honda crf250r about 2 months ago from a local shop. the bike was rode by a girl and had a high comp piston, titanium valves, balanced crank, and a few other small things done to it. the motor was in great condition and had low hours. I've only put about 10hrs on the bike since i've had it and have ALWAYS done proper maintenance. Last weekend i rode at Washougal mx and the bike was running great, not a single problem. after my 2nd moto the bike sat for about 45min, i went to get ready for my 3rd moto and went to kick start my bike and the kick start only had about a 1/4 of an inch of play before it stops. Everyone i have talked to has said my motor is seized. I'm very confused because the motor was perfectly fine during my 1st and 2nd moto and was not acting up AT ALL! if it is seized i just don't get how it can seize if it was just running perfectly fine? I was told there is a little bearing that is inside my kick start and could of got logged sideways and that could be stopping my kick start from moving. im lost... ANY help helps!

Thanks in advance,
Gabe517

Bonehead

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 15, 2001
Pull your plug look for aluminum on it if not pull the side case and check the kick starter gear Also put the bike on a stand put it in 5th gear and see if you can turn the rear wheel. If it turns over it is in the kick starter gear or somthing on that order

Top Bottom