KTM-Lunatic

~SPONSOR~
Mar 2, 2000
Well, to my son its a new bike ! Last Sat. i drove to Ga. so my son could buy himself a new bike.Yes he paid for it ! he is now the proud owner of a 99 KTM 200 exc . The only part of the deal i didnt like was that the guy didnt have a title for the bike .He stated that in Ga. you cant title a dirt bike .I havent had a chance to go to the title office here to get a title but im praying there want be any problems:think

kuhn

Jun 28, 2001
hi. in texas that is very comon. the dealers give it to the buyer. but it usaly ends up lost. none of the riders that i know register there bikes. so i would not wory. that is cool that your son bought a ktm200. i wish i hade the money for that.

kuhn

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
No title is the norm in NV. This is mainly due to sales tax being imposed every time the bike is sold. I have 3 bikes in my garage - One Title! The title I do have is an original title that was never transferred by the second owner, and I am now the third owner of the bike. (Does that make any sense?)

KDXfile

~SPONSOR~
Dec 6, 1999
You don't need a title in AL. either for off-road bikes. On the new dirt bikes I've bought, (one in MS.), they only came with a Certificate of Origin which transfers ownership from manufacterers to dealers..
If you want to title your bike here you have to make it appear DOT street legal, have it inspected, and apply for a new title.

DanS

Sponsoring Member
Dec 6, 2000
I would think that there should be a certificate of origin for the bike. The 300exc I picked up a few months ago wasn't titled but the owner had the certificate from KTM.

Top Bottom