MonsterJay

Apr 22, 2007
Hey guys. Seems like a great site with loads of info here. I just purchased a 2001 WR250F which will be my first bike since i was 7yrs old. Havent ridden since then either. Hopefully it isnt too much to handle. But im use to a 140hp Arctic Cat sled and a 160hp Polaris sled so i think ill be ok.

How is this bike as a beginner bike? Anything to look out for? What kind of top speeds and acceleration am im lookin at? I know it wont be close to my sled but it shouldnt seem slow should it?

I work at a mining camp as a prospector and spend a lot of time away from home. Im home 1 week a month. I live in a small isolated town of about 7000 people. Enough trails to ride a different one everyday for a lifetime and sand everywhere.
Cant wait to get home to try my bike for the first time.

I got the bike for $1500 CDN and it needs rear brakes, rear brake rotor and 3 spokes. Besides that its in excellant shape. Is this a sensible deal? Not many bikes to be had in my neck of the woods. Are these items that i can change myself. I am fairly mechaniclly inclined. I do all my own sled maintenance and can easily rebuild a 2 stroke engine.

CJ_SPARTA

Apr 21, 2007
Hey matey

i probably would have gone with the wr250 2 stoke as it would have abit more punch.. but the 250f isn't a slouch either, it doesn't have neck breaking horsepower and a 80cc 2 stroke would give u a run for your money :) , but the power comes on smooth and is user friendly to ride.

deffently a great trial bike ;)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to DRN.

We don't have amny members from the Rock, so be sure to take photos and post up ride reports!

Check out Thumper Central for help with your bike.

MonsterJay

Apr 22, 2007
I wanted a 2 stroke but bikes are hard to come by. So i jumped on the first sensible deal i found. Buying it sight unseen. Just going from what a few friends at home told me.

Ill for sure be taking a lot of pictures as this gives me something to do while im waiting for the snow to come back. Sledding is my real addiction. If i can enjoy riding bike half as much as sled then ill love it.

Is there a way to add pics to a post? I cant seem to find it.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Check the gallery link above.

The simpliest way is to host them on Smugmug or some other photo website and link them here with

{img}file name goes here{/img} tags

Replace the {} with [] for it to work correctly.

Top Bottom