briank1986

Jun 4, 2007
Hello,

I'm looking to replace the whole handlebar set up (levers, perches, and bars) on my 01 CR250 in the next week or so. I'm liking the Pro Taper SE bars. I don't want to go with a fat bar, it costs more for larger clamps and such. The bike has the stock bars on it now, we all know how weak the stockers can be.

Any suggestions on a good set up including levers and perches?

Thanks,
Brian K.

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Any good aluminum bar will do. Personally, I have tapered bars (Pro Taper Contours) and I'll never go back to 7/8" bars. Pro Taper, Renthal, TAG, Moose, Fasstco, etc all make good bars.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
SpeedyManiac said:
Any good aluminum bar will do. Personally, I have tapered bars (Pro Taper Contours) and I'll never go back to 7/8" bars. Pro Taper, Renthal, TAG, Moose, Fasstco, etc all make good bars.

Ditto

The way I see it, you need to choose between 7/8 or 1 1/8 bars. I personally like ProTapers. Their SE's and Contour's are great bars for the cost.

I purchased an "Adjust on the Fly" lever from Rocky Mountain ATV for $27. Great lever at an awsome price.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/pro...&vehicleType=&pageLinkUri=&prodFamilyId=11631

Goodluck, Steve.

briank1986

Jun 4, 2007
Thanks for the info! My Pro-Taper SE's should arrive on Monday.

I was wondering if anyone had the rubber mounts for the handlebars? Is there rubber rings or mounts you can buy to put on the existing mounts before installing the new handlebars?

I have a 01 CR250 and it has bad vibration. It has the stock bars on it now, do you think the new Pro-Taper SE's will help with the vibration at all?

Brian.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
One trick that I've used in the past is to fill the bars with expandable foam. I use the tripple expanding stuff that cures hard, from a home store.

If you want to spend the extra money, there are a few aftermarket top clamps that offer rubber mounts.

Good luck, Steve

briank1986

Jun 4, 2007
snb73, That sounds like a great idea! Did you notice a big difference after you put foam in the bars?

I don't really want to spend the money on new triple clamps.

Top Bottom