goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Going to replace my sprocket and chain on my 95 KDX 200. What chain should I get and should I get an aluminum or steel sprocket? The manual calls for a 108 link chain but this is proving difficult to find. 110 links seems to be much eaiser to find. Everything except a Wiseco Prolite Piston on my bike is stock. Thanks for the input

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Steel last a LOT longer and unless you're consistently winning race Pro class, you won't notice the difference in weight. Buy a 110 and a chain breaker, you can cut it

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Try the 13/50 gearing with a 110 link o-ring chain. The o-ring chain will last much longer and the lower gearing will help with tight trails. Definately get steel sprockets.

goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
I think I am going to get a DID X Ring chain however I am confused about the compatability. The manual calls for a 520DS the XRing is 520VM. What does the DS and VM stand for? Also thanks for the previous posts. If I go to a 50 rear rather than stock 47 what will that do to my top end? Thanks again

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Top speed will drop a little but how often are you in 6th gear anyway? If you ride alot of high speed fireroads then the 13/47 would be a better choice but I see you live in PA which is probably tight and rocky.

Dont know the difference between DS and VM (you can check here) but I dont think it effects size or compatability just make sure it's a 520, the DID x-ring would be an excellent choice.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom