Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
The latest Team Marsh member ..........Blaine on his new bling.

Planned on letting him ride it this weekend but mother nature had other plans.... like 15" of it.
I couldn't wait any longer to give it to him. After Slow Joe let him ride his sons at Trailfest that is all he has talked about.

Thank DW for the training wheels I don't think he will need them for long. I also got a remote shut off for it instead of running after him.
Looking forward to the snow melting (maybe by August) for letting him ride.
Don

Attachments

• PICT0004CROP.JPG
    PICT0004CROP.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 262
  • PICT0009.JPG
    PICT0009.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 262

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
Looks good Don. Just don't let uncle Brian be the one reponsible for watching him. It took my older one a while to learn how to ride without the training wheels. They have to lean different and NOT put there feet down with the training wheels. He was able to ride his peddle bike a whole year without training wheels before I was able to take them off the 50. He's got that Cobra figured out pretty good this year.

Attachments

• Eric #4 VL 2007-03-31.jpg
    Eric #4 VL 2007-03-31.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 259

Wolf Child

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 30, 2005
Don Marsh said:
The latest Team Marsh member ..........Blaine on his new bling.

Planned on letting him ride it this weekend but mother nature had other plans.... like 15" of it.
I couldn't wait any longer to give it to him. After Slow Joe let him ride his sons at Trailfest that is all he has talked about.

Thank DW for the training wheels I don't think he will need them for long. I also got a remote shut off for it instead of running after him.
Looking forward to the snow melting (maybe by August) for letting him ride.
Don

Very nice. I just got rid of a whole set of riding gear (boots, armor, roost delector, pants, jersey, etc) that I bet would have fit him. Wish I would have known.

looks like you are in for good times. Keep the camera handy.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Is that a TTR50 Don?? Very cool. Your in for some good (and scarry) times. Although riding with the kid for the next several years is going to be a painfully slow event till he picks up a little speed. My boy Digger is just finially getting interesting to ride with at 10yrs old.

Yea a teather would be nice wouldn't it instead of just relaying on blind faith that he wont run into the side of the Marsh hauler....

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I knew you would not wait until the snow melted. I look forward to more pictures of Blaine riding with his grandpa.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Yes it is a TTR50, electric start.
It is a remote control key fob can't wait to try it out. Just got it today, need to wire it in. After watching Bryan try to catch him at Trailfest I decided it would be money well spent. After all grandpas are suppose to SPOIL the grandkids.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
ive never heard of a remote control fob.Very cool. Post a link if you can.

That would work way better than closelining the kid with my arm as he rides by :laugh:

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
:cool:

If he's anything like the rest of Team Marsh, better get that boy some barkbusters!

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Hey now thats cool. The evil side of me is sitting here thinking man I could really mess with my kid with that sucker :laugh:

Espicialy when he is finially faster than me. Mount the remote on my bars and kill his bike and go for the pass :)

I think maybe TCT needs to add one of those to his kids bike :yikes:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
You really think you would be able to get close enough to his bike to add something like that on race day??? He'd chop your hands off b4 you got within reach of his bling machine!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Oh, we would not wait until race day to install it, but we would wait until key time before messing with him. DW is doing very well on his Anger Managment classes.
Of course, we are headed to Byron this weekend - location of a major meltdown in 2006. Cross your fingers....

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
No remote shut off switch for Caleb {my youngest} just a good old fashion size 11 work boot :nod: . Although I am considering one for Cody’s bike.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
YZMAN400 said:
You really think you would be able to get close enough to his bike to add something like that on race day??? He'd chop your hands off b4 you got within reach of his bling machine!
You are correct! Just ask bbarrel. It’s not a good idea to play “touchy feely” with my bike before the race as that might lead to a size 11 rectal inspection! After the race you can kick the tires all you want and even take a spin on it if you’re not already dead from the day’s event or all jacked up on Mountain Dew & chocolate cookies….hehehe

F&S – I wonder if that fella quit riding enduro’s?....I tried to find his bike after the race to apologize but it was nowhere to be found….I’m going to be on my best behavior this season.

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
DW and I have the same problem, kid grew up and got fast. Marsh also. Still remember the ride when I realized he was faster. It was a happy day for me.
I still have the upper hand in certain situations, long rides. He's never made it to the 40 mile mark without wadding it up on a tree. Still needs me to straighten things up enough to get it out of the woods and buy new parts. :yell:

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Wolverine423 said:
It’s not a good idea to play “touchy feely” with my bike before the race as that might lead to a size 11 rectal inspection! .

Very true. Maybe the AFM classes will mellow you out. Its a well known fact that looking at your scorecard is a no no. When I was pitting for you at Harrison I kept looking and you and your scorecard holder, back and forth, should I or shouldn't I. I should :yikes: , thought your head was going to pop off. That was fun, and you did maintain your composure. AFM Class started right there. I knew you wouldn't hit an old guy with a bum knee. :laugh:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Yes I remember that but you were part of my pit crew and I had already lost my hare scramble {quit me} prior to that. Did you by chance see what happen after you gassed me up and checked my card?... I head off outa pits and my competitor stopped me with some small talk and went to check my score card and I said WTF you think your doing as I ran my front tire right up the front of his leg….hehehe. I did apologize to him after the race. I told him my clutch was hot so it was a little on the grabby side…..Trashrider got a big kick outa that one. Ah the memories.. ;)

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
My pleasure Tommy.
The "Double D's" are always fun to mess with.

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
What kind of person are you raising?
He is not a fool, why would he piss off someone who spoils him so much!!!!!!!!!
Don

Top Bottom