New Trials Rider

MIZR1

Subscriber
Well, folks, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been around dirtrider net for awhile, but just bought (on Thanksgiving) my first trials bike. Its a 1986 TY 350 and I had a blast this weekend beginning to learn how much I dont know about trials. Seems like a great sport. If I end up liking it as much as I suspect I will, and have any aptitude, I may be shopping sometime next year for a newer model, but thought the TY would be a great place to start. Its only got 1147 miles on it and seems to be in excellent shape. Anyhow, I look forward to learning from this forum.

Regards, Glenn

JTT

Subscriber
Welcome to The Obsession :thumb:

Hey Patman...put another notch in that throttle tube ;)

Welcome I have a TY350 (my Father's) I put a 72 tooth rear spoket on it for him, he's about 200lbs and he likes a REAL tractor bike, welcome to the "club" and if someone asks what kind of bike that is "tell em it's a flat track/speedway bike" :)

Have fun with it!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
Upstate NY the 51st state right? :laugh:

If you have not already you need to hook up with LoriKTM and her hubby Dave as they also live in your state :laugh:

They live down the road from Ray Peters' dad who seems to know a thing or three about trials too ;)

First trials then Amsoil! The world will soon be under my total control :p

MIZR1

Subscriber
Thanks for the warm welcome. And Patman, thanks for the tip; I will try to look up these fellow NYers. Just my luck though, the snow has started falling and it may be a while before I can do much trials practicing. Then again, I've been aching to get the skidoo out. So many toys, so little time. LOL

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Hey, welcome MIZR1!  I must have missed this the first go-round.

Yep, trials bikes are put away for the season, but we'll talk more when the D3 & D4 events kick off next spring!

If you need a fix over the winter, go up and visit Mike Komer at the Tryals Shop in Locke, NY.  He's a local Expert rider, and can fix you up with parts, gear, or even another bike if you want!  :)

Got a building or garage practice balancing with the motor off, then maybe you will be ready for spring! If you happen to have a large building build your self an indoor section, as I have in my 100ft by200ft building. :)

MIZR1

Subscriber
Lori, I will look forward to meeting you at an event next spring.  I lived during HS and grad school in the Syracuse area (which I believe Locke is near) and am now in the Albany area.  It seems like trials is pretty active around here and in NE.

JunkMan, not lucky enough to have a building like yours. but I guess I can practice balance stuff in the garage.  Thanks again