Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I've been thinking of trying some Penzoil Marine 100% synthetic oil. The reason being I can pick this up at any local wal-mart or auto parts store instead of having to drive 30 miles to the closest local off road bike shop. This stuff says it's 100% synthetic (exclusive of additive carrier oil), designed for high performance engines and applications that call for ashless two-cycle engine oils, and meets the warrenty requirements of several (outboard) engine manufactures and others requiring TC-W3 oils.

I'm just wondering what this TC-W3 specification is and if this oil is just as good as the motorcycle synthetics (HP1, spectro, etc). If it's just as good, I'd rather pay half the price and drive only 5 miles for premix oil.

Last edited:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I changed oils basically for the same reasons. Cost and convienience.

Mobil1 MX2T Autozone, $3.50
Full synthetic
Burns good
Low flash point
Made by the big boys
:D

Use that other stuff in your LawnBoy.

reynome

Sep 1, 1999
I am going back to Injex, from Phillips. I used to use it and had no problems. It burns clean and is readily available at most Phillips stations. The snow-mobile guys really like this stuff, its TCW-3 also. I have been using Water Pumper for about a year without any issues, I just think that there isnt any added benefit using it even though its a partial synthetic where the Injex is all mineral base. I run my ratio at 28:1 without any spooge or plug fouling.

I dont know about the Wal Mart stuff, personally I would run the Injex over that stuff any day. Also the Injex is less than $10 a gallon if cost is also a issue, for me its not that big a deal, I just like the Injex.

Last edited:

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
I've got an Advance Auto parts place here in town that handles Mobil 1 oils. I asked them if they carried the MX2T premix...they didtn't. BUT....since i brought a bottle in with me, they punched the UPC code in the computer and said they could order it and keep it in stock. Seems they have had a few other inquiries about the stuff!!! Cool Beans!! Driving down the block will be lots more convenient and cheaper than driving 30 miles into Indy for premix.

Thanx Jaybird!!

Top Bottom