Nor'east Spodefest

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Yes, those crazy fools who enjoy long cold winters and a short riding season are at it again. In case you missed the last New York Mudfe... er... Spodefest, here's a chance to redeem yourself.

The dates will be October 11-13th (Thurs. - Sat.). Although we haven't finalized the place, we are looking at a facility, in upstate NY, that has a SX track, natural terrain MX track, eight-mile woods loop and a kiddie track. Stay tuned to this thread for further details.

Everyone, racers, riders, spodes and bs-ers are welcome to attend. I will be demonstrating the finer points of crashing. Rumor has it that Papakeith will demonstrate the proper backstroke technique, wayneo426 will demonstrate how to keep that showroom shine on your machine and Nancy... er... RM_guy will demonstrate the proper technique for eating roost. :p

Last edited:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
I'll be there! But, I'll only be demonstrating the CR-submarine on Thursday and Friday. Gotta work on the Farm Saturday.
It is(will be) pumkin and Corn Maze season y'know!!

RM_guy

Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
Damn Yankees
Hmm... I don’t remember eating any or your roost there, AssAss guy.:p

I’ll probably be there for Friday only. I hope Gomer decides to come the THIS one after all the work that you did.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Im ready!

Lets do it! I just bought a case of WD40 for the festivities! :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
I doubt if I'll be cleared to ride again by that time. :(
That’s too bad Gomer. I heard about your finger :eek: I assume you’re still going to Dirtweek, right?

BTW, I might be coming down to your neck of the woods on a business trip in the next 2 or 3 months. I’ll email you if it comes together.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
:think Since when did this become a dating forum?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
I guess you would see it that way now wouldn’t you.:p

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Dating?

BTW, Im 5'10 around 226, (on a good day), have black hair, and dark eyes-:scream:
And like a career minded WOMAN, with child-bearing visions.....

Oh, wait, I married that one.....:)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Originally posted by RM_guy
I guess you would see it that way now wouldn’t you.:p
Heck, the way you've been flirtin' with Gomer, all of DRN can see it. ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
I see a BIIIGGG roost comin’ your way ;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Good News

Well I just spoke to the owner of Eagle Bridge MX and it looks like this could be the place. The have a 1-1/2 mile SX style track, a 1-1/2 mile natural terrain (Unadilla) style track, a pee wee track for the kiddies (and RM_guy) and currently 3 miles of woods (maybe more by October).

He can give us our own area for camping/parking with portacans. Sorry no showers :( . Their rates are $25/day, $15/day after 5 p.m., BUT he will give us a discount depending on how many people will show up.

The scouting trip to EBMX is still scheduled for Monday, Sept. 3rd (Labor Day). Hopefully by then we can have a rough idea how many will be able to attend.

wayneo426

Sponsoring Member
Alright, a PEE-WEE track!

Sorry Dave, I couldnt resist!
PEE-WEE!

Last edited:
Great!!! Weekend, not too far away! Awesome!!! What kind of events will their be? OR is it just free riding? This is also nice becasue all attemps to convince my parents that a couple days from school to go to the nice Dirtweek is not a bad thing. They are having trouble grasping the idea that it is not some get together of "yahoos" and is a real organized event. Oh well.