taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Number one Reason for Windows XP is that you get your own cool FMX Icon in the start bar.....

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 335

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
What is Windows XP?
:confused:

Kevin

B

biglou

That's the icon I chose for my "Launch MSN Explorer" window! So it's a Kaw, hey, it's better than the horsies or the flowers!

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
I'm quite happy with XP, very stable. You also have the option to use your own bmp picture with user. No ducks here:D

Attachments

• duck.jpg
    duck.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 298

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by taraker
New version of Lennox;)

Its not Lennox. Or Linux.

It install's on top of Windows9x, NT, or 2000.
Unfortantly for you windows bashers, its actually pretty good!
ya, it looks like the Mac OS, but where did windows come from in the first place? hehe That's right, Mac.
I've been cruching the security of it and its alot better, not perfect!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Originally posted by taraker
New version of Lennox;)

Thought they made furnaces? :confused:

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Originally posted by J_dem_Bones

ya, it looks like the Mac OS, but where did windows come from in the first place? hehe That's right, Mac.

Wrong!......I had nothing to do with it.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Kind of reminds me of a ripped off version of KDE/Gnome. The only good installation of Windows I've ever had was NT 4.0, and I'm not about to change it. Thank god I can get 99% of everything else done in Linux/FreeBSD or I'd have to bend over and take it from B.Gates like all of you :)

:p :p :p

Don't Fear the Penguins!!!!!!!!

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by Hucker
Kind of reminds me of a ripped off version of KDE/Gnome. The only good installation of Windows I've ever had was NT 4.0, and I'm not about to change it. Thank god I can get 99% of everything else done in Linux/FreeBSD or I'd have to bend over and take it from B.Gates like all of you :)

:p :p :p

Don't Fear the Penguins!!!!!!!!

I don't think it looks like KDE/Gnome!:cool: I have Mandrake 8.0.

Windows NT is a easy install, but to run good you need at least service pack 6. Which I don't bother with since I just install 2000 on top which is a improvment to NT. But then need service pack 2 to run how it's suppose to. The service packs are free, but are a pain in the @ss.
The other problem is that I LOVE TO PLAY MotoCross Madness 2 on a PC. Now it will work on on NT and 2000 but is so slow you have to run it on Windows 98. So I'm runnig 98 also.
I have a 98 for gaming, NT/2000(dualboot) for internet and all other programs and my Linux redhat/mandrake(2 different drives). Been beta testing XP security issues.

I love Linux myself, but the problem is that no one makes good programs for it. We need programers to use Linux source code to make these usefull programs and Linux would blow up!!

Oh By the way, I"m not filling up Bill's wallet. I bought one MS program. Motocross Madness2.

Last edited:

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I was actually thinking of getting MCM2, great trial version the retail version is probably 1000 times better. If I really want to run Windows to play games (I rarely do) I'll do it using VNC.

I can run 10 copies (as if I'd ever want to) of Windows, basically ontop of Linux/FBSD. So I have one sitting there, just incase I get the MCM2 bug.

If you think Linux is good, you should check out FreeBSD. I fell in love with it and really haven't turned back. Its a bit different but probably the most stable Os I've ever run(apart from HPUX at work).

JimmyD2

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2000
Originally posted by J_dem_Bones
I have a 98 for gaming, NT/2000(dualboot) for internet and all other programs. Been beta testing XP security issues.

I bought one MS program. Motocross Madness2.

You only bought one of those? Isn't that piracy? ;)

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by WideOpen
The others are operating system's and not "technocly" a program, but then again, it's still 1 and 0's

Ok, this makes absolutely no sense....

Top Bottom