Viper69er89

Apr 18, 2005
Well, I'm new to the forum and would like to say hey. I have a few questions. First, how do the KDX 200 & 220 work in the NY woods (all over). Second, how would I do on one of these bikes. I am 5' 10", 195 lbs. and have never ridden a dirtbike before. I am really only into woods trail riding, and not racing, so if you guys could help me out I would very much appreciate it.

RBSOB

Jun 24, 2004
The KDX is probably the ideal 2 stroke bike for your intended use. Great low end torque with still more quick, mid range, 2 stroke hit. Very popular woods and trail bikes so can be found at reasonable cost, used, here in the northeast.There are more "tame" and beginner-friendly 4 stroke bikes available but the KDX is tough to beat. Shop around,test ride as many as you can and decide whats right for you but if you are looking for any kind of a "fun factor" you will love the KDX. Jim G

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
My buddy is about your size, he's 19 and he has an '86 KDX. That thing is just bullet proof and he rides it all over all the time. He can do trails, ride the pipe lines or just cruise the logging roads. Its great for almost all riding except track and trials. But i bet with enough determination and money you could probably do them too. Great bike. Nobody can say enough good things about this bike. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
I live in Southern NY-Orange County
Either one of these bikes work well for the mountains. It's your preference. I have both a 200 & 220. The 220 has great low end power which is great for the snotty hills. It gives me enough speed & nice lowend power. Hills I used to ride in 1st I now use 2nd with no problem

Dapper

Sponsoring Member
Jan 25, 2002
The KDX works just fine in our area. :cool:
You should check out the Wayne County Motorcycle Club. We meet every Wednesday @ 7:30PM Route 31 East of Newark. Just past the Wal-Mart.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom