O-Ring Chain Issues to Expected?

joelyles2004

Mar 5, 2004
I'm buying a good friend's 01' Kdx 200 next weekend for $1800. I'm replacing the chain and sprockets with an X-ring or O-ring chain and steel sprockets. I'm wondering if any of you Kdx gurus know if theres a chance of a clearance issue with chain types and sprocket sizes. Any suggestions? By the way, I'm getting a fredette chain guide too.

Joe in Tallahassee, Fl
Email: joelyles2004@yahoo.com

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Not a KDX guru, but I did have clearance problems on my KX when I went to an X ring chain. I had to use a dremel to remove a small amount of material from the case around the front sprocket in order for the pins to clear. The stock chain guide needed some grinding too. maybe with the Fredette you'll be OK. I'm sure glad I found a way to make the chain work though!

Makeshoes

Nov 9, 2004
My son has had his O-ring chain for a year now. No problems. Although his stock guide was worn from being three years old, so can't say exactly what has happened from the oring chain itself. I am running an oring chain on my stock '02 but don't have enough miles to show any wear. Fredette chain guide says its wider than stock to allow oring chain to be used. Good luck!

Top Bottom