mischi_punk

Aug 2, 2004
My bike ('94 KX125) Started making a wierd noise this past weekend. It didn't happen all the time, only ocasionally when accelerating, when entering the powerband, and when blurping the throttle while coasting. It makes a high-ish pitched whine or squeaking noise. It sounded like it was coming from the gearbox, the left side slightly more than right. The sound only came when actually driving, not when holding the clutch or in neutral. It has always made a sound when driving, but it didn't sound bad, as the whining did. (forgot to add, the reg sound was a bit louder than usual though) Also, If it matters, it was quite cold outside (30's) and the bike had only been running for about 1/2 an hour before the noise occured first. I shut it off right almost right away, as I was sorta worried that something was wrong. I went back outside maybe 10 minutes later, started it, and within another 20-30 minutes it returned, much to my demise! it was off and on, only occuring for a couple minutes. Lastly, I don't think this is it, but my chain is sorta lose. I am going to tighten it up soon, but I doubt this is the prob.
Thanks to anyone who helps, I pray It is nothing major. Maybe it was just the cold or the clutch slipping?!?
Thanks again
Mike

nickyd

Sep 22, 2004
check the chain then report back - look to see if your loose chain is hitting something - that is, is a roller worn? it is bouncing off the chain slider, etc

mischi_punk

Aug 2, 2004
Do you think it really could be the chain?? I am not saying you're wrong, that just seems odd it could be something so simple. I can't check soon, my bike is an hour away. But when I ride next (hopefully tommorow afternoon) I'll check. Any other Ideas?
Mike

mischi_punk

Aug 2, 2004
Okay, I FINALLY got my bike in town and changed the oil, put my new handlebars & grips on and started washing it. Well, I decided to look in the radiators and, guess what! There was NO coolant visible!! :bang: (Why cant I do reg. maintenace?!?) Is this why it was making the noise? I was actually about to ask if it could've been something in the radiators, then I decided I was just going to have a friend who races ride it and see if he knew. I will start it tommorow if need-be, but I dont want to run it to long, people are grouchy 'roun here! Hopefully I didn't do any damage (knock on wood) It was pretty cold every time I've ridden. :blah: Well, thanks!
Mike

Top Bottom