firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
My little spill Sunday was worse than I thought. Broken arm, radial something or other. clean break, not displaced. doc was surprised and said he wasn't even looking at that part of the x-ray at first, was more worried about the ligaments and small bones in wrist. he is still worried about the ligament--ucl i think--but based on tests and movements he did, he said that if it's torn, it's probably only a partial tear and more likely is just stretched. so i have an orange cast on my arm now.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
That sucks!!! Glad it's not worse though! Get better, orange great choice! My bike is red, but my favorite color is orange...might have to change that bike color one of these days!

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Did you request an orange cast?? :)
Heres too a speedy recovery :ride:
Rick

Tinkrides

Oct 7, 2004
DOH, but at least you got a cool cast, right? Perhaps if you just do what Terrell Owens did and ask God to fix it, you'll heal more quickly and then you can play in the SuperBowl... oh wait, old news, sorry. Seriously, here's to a quick recovery, it'll be so boring around here w/out your stories!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Ugg! Sorry to hear that! I know what you are going through, it was a year ago today that I broke mine in Reno.

Is it affecting your ability to work? type? write?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Thanks everybody.
Nope, hair is still blonde, though I've considered dying the tips purple. :)
I can type slowly. I am not supposed to use my thumb too much.
What sucks, is I can't do my hair--can't hold blowdryer or curling iron to reach one side--so I've looked like an urchin for the last few days.
It's my first broken bone, well except for a toe once, so I suppose it's time. It could have been way worse.

Henk

Apr 15, 2000
Best of luck with your recovery. At least you got the color you wanted. When they plastered my arm I had to go for blue, they were all out of orange.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Saw doc today. 6 more weeks til i ride, at least 3 more in cast and that's ONLY if the xrays show significant healing and he agrees to put me in a brace or splint. Guess I'll be doubling up on those calcium capsules :(

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Wow that sucks, Hopefuly time will fly on buy and you'll be riding again before you know it.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
FC22 that cast is awesome!! Good to hear you may get it off in 3 weeks. Hopefully everthing heals as it's supposed to.

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
Dang, I thought I was injury prone! I got my first ride post-ACL recon (the other knee this time) in about 2 weeks ago. Yay! You'll be back in no time from this at least.

Cool looking cast though! Heal up fast...

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
I blew my ACL in late September (in the middle of my race run (DH MTB) at Mammoth - very convenient... :bang: ), surgery was October 18th. I went with an allograft this time around. Anyway - I'm at like 5 1/2 months post op, been doing tons of rehab, and it's feeling great - I started skiing again last week, and then skied Friday, Saturday and Sunday, plus mountain biking on Saturday too - and it's feeling great - no pain or swelling at all. Though I'm banished to groomers on skis and easier trails on my bike for the time being - it still feels great to be doing something outside the gym for a change!

How are your knees these days?

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
Knees are ok, some creaking in one (hard to squat or kneel and stand up again) and the right one is achey ... but all of that is from being such a slug for the last month. I haven't done ANYTHING and there's no real excuse since my legs aren't broken, I should be at the gym. Trouble is I hate the gym and don't have the attention span to slog away on treadmill or bike for hours at a time like i really need to. So how did the allograft surgery go? If this happens to me again, I'm definitely going that route ... I was riding at 4 months after both my surgeries, though slowly (makes an excellent excuse to be a wuss) and not exactly with the doc's blessing. I think it was about 8 months before I could really say I was back to normal. Everything I've heard about the allograft makes it sound as if it heals much more quickly and cleanly--I mean, the bulk of the pain and recovery came from the graft site, since the ACL is really only a waiting game.

Top Bottom