Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
http://home.comcast.net/~wcsmith/ROS/WhiskeyCreekAerial.jpg
-LOCATION FOR MTR CAMPING AREA

http://www.whiskeycreekmichigan.com/ - WISKEY CREEK WEB PAGE
http://home.comcast.net/~wcsmith/ROS/Rites_Of_Spring_Camping_Info.pdf CAMPING NFO
http://www.cycleconservationclub.org/cccevents.html CCC EVENT INFO

OK, these links should help with final event questions. I hope to be there Friday early. I have several very large 1/5 pound hot dogs that I will be grilling Sat night for after the ride, every one is welcome to stop by for one, two or even three!. Dinner will be at 6 PM. I have buns, toppings provided. POTLUCK for other things -just bring your favorite recipe and lay in on the table, no pressure to bring anything either -we always have too much food! Something we can use is plastic silverware, sturdy paper plates, and good stuff that go's with the dogs.

I have a chain saw for fire wood crew, but I can't use it dure to my circumstances. But I'll bring it for the evening campfire.

The extended weather looks pretty good with rain on Friday (no dust!) and then 60 degree weather each day.

Post final questions here on thei thread. Hope to see ya all real soon!

Freddy :cool:

PS: I called Wihikey Creek and they do have a dump station to dump your tanks into on the way out. :cool:

PPS: I may have someone that is willing to drive me in a support vehicle to a spot or 2 for fuel and snacks for ya. I'll know more later.

Last edited:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
I have a chain saw for fire wood crew, but I can't use it dure to my circumstances. But I'll bring it for the evening campfire.
So you're going to burn the chainsaw? That should be neat. I'd rather see your rendition of Jackyl's "LumberJack", but hey, I won't complain about the entertainment in any form.

The dump station was working Sunday night (I may have plugged it up, but we won't go there). As you are leaving the resort, there's an uphill sandy drive on the right (across the road from the main camping area) that has two very large boulders on either side, that's the dump station entrance. Quite the challenging climb.

Fred - Capitol is always in need of road crossing baby sitters and would love to have you man an area. That is, if you need to spend your day doing something..

My weather report sounds even better with temps in the 70s for the weekend. Which ever we choose to believe, it should make for a large turn out.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
:rotfl: Jeremy, stop by Sat night and I'll show you what a big weenie looks like! :yikes:

I've got a few things I can do around the "fort" so if the gas man thing fall through, plus my daughter will be around I think.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Thanks for the bump Fred....

And for just a quick reminder of why this may be the last Rites of Spring event, please take 2 minutes to read this link, and spread the word!

http://home.comcast.net/~wcsmith/ROS/ROS_Rules.pdf

I changed the aerial map (Fred's link is still the same) for an updated one that does not specify the sound check / sign-up areas. The ones on the original map were from last year, and I don't know where the CCC will have these setup this year, and don't want to mislead anyone. The new aerial map also shows where the Smit-Dog camp will be setup (it's a rental cabin).

And if you bring firewood, be sure to leave the Emerald Ash Borers at home! :cool: (http://www.emeraldashborer.info)

I'm taking this Friday off, so hope to be up by late afternoon. That'll give me time to get the camp and family situated, and plan for Saturday's ride.

Also bringing the KX-100 to sell, and a shiny new TTR-125 LE for the wife for Mother's Day. (thanks Napper!) It's a surprise, so mum's the word! :rotfl:

Howza 'bout a roll call for the ride Saturday morning? Time? I'm open. Gas? Can we just bring a bottle of pre-mix and rely on gas in Baldwin, or do you think we'll need 2 stops?

Who's riding Saturday morning?

1) V-Man
2) Sparky
3) Nate-Dog
4) MotoWeissen
5) miScott
6) Ron
7) Fender
8) Fatherandson (maybe)
9) Marlinberg
10) TG-32
11) A_train30 (???)
12) LC-RM (???)
13) Wolf Child
14) Smit-Dog
15) ???

YZMan - My wife (beginner), son (11), and daughter (8 - new rider) will be out riding the kids loop on Saturday if you're interested in joining them. I suspect however that you and your kid will be smokin' on the trail, so the pace may be too hot for them.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Just may take you up on that Smitty. I would like to ride the big trail, sorta (100 miles of woops just don't appeal to me). But if I dont ride it Saturday I definately aint gonna ride it Sunday. Im not really going to the ROS for me. I am there so the kid can ride / meet other kids, and to hang around the campfire and get some serious benchracing in. I'll get my ride in at the end of the month at Drummond.

Besides If I wait a few weeks I just may be able to ride the Big O Woop free!

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
I will be ATEMPTING to finish the whole 100 mile loop. After what Tim, Badgerman, did to my suspension; I feel pretty good about hitting the ROS whoops.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
team-green32 said:
I will be ATEMPTING to finish the whole 100 mile loop.
I think last year it was around 85 miles, but plenty of road sections to give you a break.

V-Man said:
I'm in for Saturday, 1st ride of the year!
...By which time I should be able to move my arms again!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
If I can make it to ROS, I will not be riding. I crashed hard this past weekend. Nothing is broke, but my back/neck is real sore. Also, I had enough whoops in Kalkaska.

MM

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'm still planning on being there, but a friend of mine lost his 20 year old son, who was in the army, to a freak accident at a military base in Georgia. Not sure of all of the circumstances, but the boy apparently was submerged in water for 20 minutes. He survived until Sunday morning, and passed away before his parents could get there. This boy was also a good friend of my son Andy. So, funeral plans will dictate whether I'll be there. Would appreciate saving a spot if you all camp together, I was planning on being there Friday morning to help set up camp, but now am not sure.

Prayers would be appreciated for the Mark Beyerlein family for the loss of their son Matthew.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Looks like Marie and I will be there. Maybe Thursday night, then come back for the funeral on Friday, then back up. See you all there.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Sorry to hear about the accident Mark....

Glad you're still going to make it up. Looks like the weather is going to be damn near perfect!

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
Just wanted to check in and wish all the ROS riders the best of luck and a safe ride. Hopefully the whoops of spring from last year are a little smaller!

Ride smart and do your non attending DRN's bros well!

rickshaw

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Nate is ready to drive the RV so we'll be there around 2 PM see ya ll then.
freddy

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Have fun, wish I could join you!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Motomarie, Quinley (our new Paws dog) and I should be there around 6pm. See you then! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I am sitting here at work climbing the walls waiting for noon so I can get outta hear and head to the ROS. I think the clock stopped....Tick.....Tick.............Tick.......................Tick.........................................Ti.............. DAHHHHHHH!!!!

Top Bottom