Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'm starting a thread on the next get together. The MI CCC has an organized event in Baldwin MI. You can access information at:
http://www.cycleconservationclub.org/

You need to join the CCC for $25 for a yearly membership and the ride is I think $10.00 or $18.00 to ride both days. This event is quite large in turnout with over 700 riders there last year. Whiskey Creek Cmapgrounds is a real nice facility with a pool and showers as well as a large restaurant. They sell ice there too. The organized ride is about 90 miles with optional smaller loops available.

I am planning on arriving either late Friday evening or early Sat morning and riding around 10:00 AM Sat morning and probably a short ride Sunday morning like at 8:00 AM. Any DRN'ers that stay over Sat and let me know are welcome to join in for a after ride meal hosted by me. I'll be supplying my famous "1/2 pound big burgers" with or with out cheese, buns and toppings. If anyone else wants to contribute to the meal bring something along. Even donations of plastic silverware, paper plates are welcome. If you have a nice grill that would help move along the cooking process too. We really have a great time at these after ride meals so I hope you can join. I'll just need a head count as we approach the event so I don't let anyone go hungry!! I am pumped for the ride.

Last edited:

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
We'll be there :aj:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Less than a month away. Yippee!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I was very much looking forward to this year, then my wife "reminded" me (I swear she never told me in the first place) she has a seminar in Southfield on that Saturday. Arghh!! Unless I can find child care (why is it MY problem??) I'll be missing it.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
If Fred is bringing the burgers, you know I will be there!!!
Mark, bring the kids along
At this time, I am planning a Friday arrival.
Mike

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Ya got a good point Mike. Emily is the biggest issue, but she needs her certificate anyway, so the class up there would be perfect. I'll check on class availability.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Jeff
If you make Sunday I'm willing to make a shorter loop that day. I offered to ride with Rick Shaw that day too because he's bringing his wife for rider training on Sat and can't ride with us Sat. I'll hang around for a shorter loop on Sunday so people have someone to ride with. After this construction and reopening project is done just in time for Rites I plan to celebrate with lots of dirt, dust and knobbies. I am currently working 9am to 5pm and 9pm to 2 am daily.....I'll be ready to ride that's for sure.

Hiller

May 22, 2001
My wife and I are planning on riding Saturday, possibly Sunday. I've never been to the Rites. Is there a place you all are meeting, for the Sat. ride, or won't I have any trouble finding you guys?

PS I just mounted a new set of D756 tires, I'm ready to shred.

Mike

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Hiller,
At the Rites there are going to be 600-700 people there. It would be best to pick a place to meet after we know everyone's plans on arrival times.
Last year I did find Fred on Friday night and we made plans to ride on Saturday. Friday night arrivals should be easier to meet up. I will have access to a computer Friday night and can try to leave a note on DRN on where to meet on Saturday morning.
Mike

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
I need some help finding a hotel within 50 - 75 miles of Baldwin. Anybody have any ideas?

Oh yea, I don't need the magical message bed :scream:

Rickshaw

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Roll call!!!!

The Rites of Spring is next weekend! Who is planning to attend???
According to the posts it looks like Hiller, Fred T, RickShaw, Marlin and TG 32.
I am planning a Friday arrival. I'll be sure to wear my DRN t shirt at sign up and maybe tour around to find familiar faces.
Please let us know what day and time that you plan to arrive!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'll try to get there late Firday night with my RV snf trailer, gona need a break by then.
FT

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
I'll be there Friday morning to setup camp for the weekend.
If i can help you get your site friday so all the DRN's can be togather.
I'll see if i can help save you a spot or something let me know if i can help.
Sparkey

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Save me a spot Sparkey! I'll arrive about Midnite. Do you have a cell phone?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mark
I can hang around for a shorter loop Sunday.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Sparkey,
I plan to be at Whiskey Creek on Friday afternoon. I will stay wth relatives on Friday night, but I would like to leave the trailer with bikes. We could use the trailer to reserve a spot for other DRNs.
Mark, I agree with Fred and will stick around on Sunday for a shorter loop.
Mike

SPARKEY

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
May 7, 2001
Mike
I will try to get with you on Friday at Whiskey Creek so we can work out the details. I'll send you a P/M with my cell #'s

3KDXXR2

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 3, 2002
My son and I will be there. We where there last year to get training for my son, but we didnt get to ride the trails, his xr100 (too small) broke down. This year the bikes are preped and we are both on kdx's. We will be the slow guys from the chicago area.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Fred, Mike,
I hope I'll see you there, but it's really up in the air on my end. It depends on how much I can get done on the much-deliquent yard work on Saturday!

Top Bottom