rogercutford

Feb 19, 2008
I have an oil leak between the fatty pipe and the head where it is held on with the springs. I have put the brass torc ring on and have this bike set up for enduro's it started leaking there when i put a rubber seal where the fatty pipe and the muffler connect do to it was leaking there blowing oil all over the rear of my bike. so what can i do to stop this from leaking.

Mokwepa

Jan 27, 2008
It shouldnt be leaking that much oil. Are you using synthetic or mineral two stroke oil? what ratio? A mate of mine has a WR250 that did the same, we removed the expansion pipe and refitted to make sure it seald properly. He was also running 25:1 mineral 2 stroke oil. Way too-much. Now he's on 35:1 synthetic.

Hoffies

Feb 26, 2007
Do you have the O-ring fitted where the fatty mates to cylinder(jar)? The rubber flange joining fatty to muffler has two different sized ends so make sure you have it the right way round, otherwise it would leak.

SVandal

Jul 18, 2007
Mine leaks a little there too and I am running 40-50:1 synthetic. Runs great and not a whole lot of crud coming out at the pipe/head. Mine just needs the o-rings replaced, I only replaced the copper crush ring when I did it. Check those orings first, may be time for new ones.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom