Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
I have been having a black oil leaking problem. I looked a little closer while the bike was ideling and saw black oil coming out of the metal piece with the little black nub that is connected to the thick black tube right behind the spark plug on the top end. The oil is flowing when ideling out of the seam right behind the spark plug on the top metal piece, its not coming from the tube but, the seam, where its bolted down not out of the bolts thou. Sorry for the lack of local knowlege I never rode a moterclyce till just weeks ago, I just got my kdx and Iam waitinfg for the service manual. Also, if anyone noes what size torque wrench I should get, 1/8 or 3/8? thanx for any advice
vaulta

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Have you looked at the parts diagrams at www.buykawasaki.com ?

You might be able to familiarize yourself to some of the parts and their names

Just to clarify... Before you said this spot was in front of the sparkplug but now your saying it is behind?

Last edited:

Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
yea, it was collecting in front of the spark plug but its not coming from thier, its directecly behind the plug on the top piece where the black tube is connected. That seam thats around thier is leaking bad right behind the plug.

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Well, that description SOUNDS like you have spooge coming out of the coolant flange. But that doesn't make sense either. :think:

Check your radiator and see if the coolant is a nice fluorescent green color.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom