oklahoma state championship-round six

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
motorcycle raceway, okc. it was a two-day event so we went up saturday evening to watch the big bikes run. the minis, beginners, vintage and women ran on sunday. oldmaiconut and dwreck showed up to watch too. i tried to convince them each to race sunday but neither were biting. they had a $3000 pro purse but the racing wasn't very good as reynard ran away from marley, who ran away from everyone else. oldmaiconut's daughter ran away from him too, burning about four gallons of gas while cruising the pits on their atv. ;)

sunday morning was race time for kendall. women's open was race number two. we never get a race that early. it was nice for a change. in the first moto, kendall finally got a good start. she made the first turn in third place, which was probably her best start ever. within a couple turns, one of the fast girls passed her putting her to fourth. she rode great, very fast, jumping and cornering well. no rider ever threatened her as she pulled a pretty good gap on fifth place. it was without a doubt her best ride yet, very cool. i enjoyed it.
the second moto, it was back to the kendall of old. she was last out of the gate but passed one rider before the first turn. she quickly moved into fifth and after about a lap, she got withing striking distance of the fourth place rider but started playing "follow the leader". every time the girl in front of her would make a mistake, kendall would do the same. if it wasn't so frustrating, it would have been comical. she would gain on her in some sections, then fall behind in others. on the third lap, she got up next to her. then they both must have gotten nervous and really started riding ragged. on the last lap, the girl ahead of her finally pooped out and kendall got around her. she put about sixty feet between them by the checkered flag and ended up fourth again. i could tell the other girl was exhausted (she's eligible for the 40+ class). she looked as if she was barely hanging on. kendall's fourth overall is her best finish in the state series so far. it also moved her into fourth overall in the points (by one point) with two races remaining. unless she really spodes out, she's pretty much guaranteed a top-five overall now. :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
:cool:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Good report! Tell Kendall were proud of her. :yeehaw:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
btw, i made a lap on the day track on my vintage enduro. i actually felt pretty good. no air, of course. i should have signed up for the vintage class. i think i could have run top six......there were only five riders. ;)

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
Good job Kendall. I had fun hanging out Saturday night, wish I could have seen her race on Sunday.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by mx547
btw, i made a lap on the day track on my vintage enduro. i actually felt pretty good. no air, of course. i should have signed up for the vintage class. i think i could have run top six......there were only five riders. ;)

You'd probably finish top six with sixty riders.  Good to hear you rode some dirt. :thumb:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom