Old Newbie...New Oldie?...Re-Newbie?... in OZ

AlaCarcuss

Feb 3, 2006
Hi all

Mark from Brisbane, Australia here. Don't really know how to classify myself....I raced MX from the mid-70's to the early 80's (Montessa, Bultaco, Honda, Yamaha), and worked in bike shops for about 8 years at that time.

Did a lot of bush-bashin' and a few enduros back then too...and owned a few big street bikes. Then I just sorta lost interest...don't really know why...a few too many head-knocks I guess :bang: :laugh:

Now I'm in my mid 40's and I suddenly have the urge to get back into the dirt!!....(mid-life crises?). Havn't decided on a bike yet...been pouring over mags and seaching onling and in the forums for weeks now (bit outta-touch, dirt bikes sure have changed!!...never thought I'd see liquid cooling on a dirt-squirt, dosn't sit quite right with me....just have to get used to it I guess :fft: ).

Kinda got my heart set on a Husky TE 250/450 now, from what I can tell, the Husky's have got the performance of the CRX Honda's and the WR Yammie's, but better reliability and without the high maintenance. Can anyone enlighten me on if this is actually the case? (2 year warranty sounds good too).

I've got lots of questions...time to start searchin' the rest of the threads...thanx for having me... :blah:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Thanks for setting up your User CP and updated information relating to your location. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts. We have a good size group in OZ, so I will update the thread title.

Check out the What Bike Do I Get... ? forum for tons of great info on bikes. Use search and you will get lost in there for days. :)

Again, welcome to the site and shout if you have any questions!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom