WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Looking for suggestions here.  I have been unable to get up north for an entire weekend of riding yet this year and it's driving me nuts! :|  I am looking to drive out, ride and drive back home in the same day.  Any suggestions for good trails that I could get to from the Howell area would be greatly appreciated.

All my riding experience is on the Mio / Rose City / Luzerne area and a little bit at Frederic.  Also, my CCC Trail book is packed away somewhere from my recent move.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bill

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I have also been unable to ride since early May. Mostly due to family/house commitments, but also because my forks have been at MX-Tech for the past 2 weeks!

I have an acquaintance who lives in Howell. He has access to 50 acres of private land that he rides. I'll call him today after work to see about the possibility of a local riding day one weekend.

Rickshaw - I'll keep you in the loop...

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Thanks, Smit-Dog. That'd be cool. I just rebuilt my top end last weekend, hoping to go up this weekend, but my buddy couldn't go. This was after he was giving another buddy and I grief for my recent move and his decision to build onto his garage. But at least I can tackle some of my honey-do list to hopefully open up future weekends. I will get up north yet!

Bill

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
The closest public trails would be Leota or Gladwin, but you asked for good trails.  Once the quads start riding these trails, the quality of the trail is very low (IMHO).

Higgins Lake is probably the next closest trail system from Howell.  I work there.  Rick Shaw and I have lunch occassionally.  Let us know if you are interested in joining us.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Cedar Creek is'nt to bad of a drive either. it's getting pretty whooped out though, Evart is doable too.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
My new CCC trail guide was finally forwarded to my new address, which reminded me to email CCCBill to update my address. I've never done Evart, but you guys have talked it pretty good so maybe I'll give it a shot. I just gotta keep on crankin on the honey-do list during the week to free up the weekends. Thanks for the tips guys. F & S, if you guys don't mind a thrid, let me know the next time your gonna get lunch. It'd be cool to swap some riding stories over a cold one.

Thanks,
Bill

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by Smit-Dog
...I have an acquaintance who lives in Howell. He has access to 50 acres of private land that he rides. I'll call him today after work to see about the possibility of a local riding day one weekend.
Update...

Talked with this guy Rob over in Howell. For whatever reason he has not been riding on the 50 acres. He did mention riding out at the Black Hawks riding area in Irish Hills a few weeks ago, but I guess the club has some serious land use issues right now, and are only able to ride 4x per year. The next one is scheduled for September.

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
Doesn't hurt to ask though. I finally got a ride in this past weekend. I keep readin' the posts and hopefully a me and a budy or two can meet up and ride with you fellow DRN'ers from Michigan for one of those rides.

Top Bottom