scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Paragon is currently having issues with the land owner and their current lease agreement. I will keep everybody informed as I learn more, and find out if there is anything that can be done to help.

Click here

and isn't it about time to plan a spring ride, I need to ride.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Paragons message board is currently down so the link isnt working. i'm sure it will be back up soon, if not I'll post the info from that thread.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Spring Ride! I'm ready!

The only time right now that's out for us is May 11, 12, and 13 as Rooster's parents will be in town.

Too bad about Paragon, it makes me sad to think...I really hope something can be done to remedy all of this.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
trailqueen said:
What kind of issues?
Follow the link in Scooter's post. It lays it out pretty clearly. It boils down to the land owners wanting to break the lease with Paragon so they can sell the property.

trailqueen

Dec 30, 2006
Follow the link in Scooter's post
I'm still stuck w/ dialup so it wouldn't open last time but I just waited it out this time around.

If they have a lease, it doesn't seem right that they can just break it. :ugg:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
trailqueen said:
...If they have a lease, it doesn't seem right that they can just break it. :ugg:
They may have a clause that lets them break it with some kind of penalty. There could be a buyer that is willing to pay enough to covber the extra costs. I sure hope they can work it out. I've had a lot of fond memories there.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Kyle and Steph have said that if they are forced to close, they will reopen somewhere else. it will take time to find property and set trails, but they do plan to keep going.

Also there is a charity ride planned next weekend, feb 3-4, to raise money to help with legal fees. It is not being sponsored by Paragon, but by some of the people who enjoy the park and want to help keep it opened, if thats possible. They will have raffles for off-road equipment such as winches and other items if anybody is into offroading, or just wants to beef up their truck a little.

Hopefully Paragon will be around for a long time, but if they are forced out, I'll keep everyone informed of plans to reopen. And I'm sure if they had a new piece of property, we could get a group together to set out some trails.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Any info, Scooter, on where we can send donations if we can't make the ride?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
squeaky said:
Any info, Scooter, on where we can send donations if we can't make the ride?

They are trying to figure out the best way to set something up. There are 2 options I can give for now if anybody wants to send a donation.

Send a donation to Paragon directly at..

Paragon Adventure Park
598 Oak Ridge Road
Hazleton, Pennsylvania 18202
attention Kyle & Steph

Enclose a note letting them know that you are donating to help with legal fees. I will call Kyle tomorrow and find out how they would want the checks made out.

Or if anybody wants to send checks to me, I will make a group donation from DRN members. send me an email at danco@optonline.net if you wanted to do this and I will get my address to you.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Thanks for getting all of this info to us Dan. Hopefully Kyle and Steph can work things out - I'd really hate to lose Paragon.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Dan, That was an excellent article. It sounds like a David and Goliath thing going on with some possible political misdoings.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Its also good to see that the media is helping to get the word out. There is supposed to be more media coverage there this weeknd, and next weekend for the monthly ride/charity ride

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
After Rooster and I have signed it's at 1717!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Signed, petition now over 1900.

I was shocked to read the news on Paragon, and hope it can be saved. Too many great memories from that place. :(

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000

PAP rocks (pun intended). It would really suck if we lost that resource. I can't imagine anyone developing that property - it seems like it would be difficult to develop, given the amount of available - quality - land in that area.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
CaptainObvious said:
.. can't imagine anyone developing that property - it seems like it would be difficult to develop, given the amount of available - quality - land in that area.
I was thinking the same thing but there is quite a bit of level land in the back near the interstate. Not sure how they get there though. I really hope they can get this thing settled.

Top Bottom