scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
It doesnt sound like YZthumper has spent much time at paragon. There is enough single track that you dont need to ride the same trails twice, and I never realized that paragon was flat, thre seems to me just as much elevation change as at TC. As with TC, you just need to know where to look.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Last time I rode Paragon ('03 or '04?) we rode ~30 miles of single-track one day. On the second day we hooked up with some of the members of the club that puts on the Moonshine Enduro and rode another ~40 miles of single-track, but ended up going way off property... oops!

Anyway, I recall some fairly challenging hills (on the property) that caused a number of riders in our group to bail. One hill in particular, although not true single-track, was always difficult for several riders to climb... what did we call that hill?

Matt 193

Dec 22, 2006
I do love Tower City its the best place Ive ever ridden the only way I would ever leave is if I was in a position where I couldnt possibly afford it even then I dont know if I would be able to leave.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
PAPMGNT said:
No time to relax. We are open now on the weekends probably for the next couple of months. During that time we will be scouting out new areas. We may even be opening more than one area. Nothing is set as of now, but as soon is something is set, we will let you know. We hope to stay around the same area (within an hour north/south). We are entertaining all ideas at the moment. But we will keep you posted.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
If we find out forsure that Paragon will still be open for afew months, maybe we should plan an "actual" spring ride there before the final closure.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
That's a wondaful idea Chuck!!

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
I'll see what I can find out, its week to week right now, but possibly they have an idea of how long it will be.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Ok, not sure how a spring ride at Paragon will work out, Its a possibility, but I know we cant make plans on a possibility. Even if we have to find someplace for the spring ride, Paragon should be available soon after for a summer ride and fall ride. I'll keep you guys informed as I know more definitely.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
An early spring ride is most likely out for Rooster and I as we're taking a mini-vacation while I'm on spring break in March to South Carolina.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Paragon got closed down again when a judge overturned the last judge's overturn ruling to let them continue operating until the appeals are done. Another judge is going to decide today whether to overrule this last ruling and let them stay open.

Confused yet!!!!! :nod: :bang: :pissed:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Ugh ...

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
that's it. I'm selling my gear. selling my house, becoming a mexican national, and sneaking back into this country as an illegal so I can get what I want when I want and let someone else pay for it. WTF!!!! :pissed: :bang: :yell:

Why do they have to mess with a business that is serving so many? This country sucks sometimes

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
PAPMGNT said:
Yes, unfortunately we will be closed this weekend which means no Monthly Ride this weekend. We are trying to reach everyone now. We can't get another hearing until next week, so the stunt they pulled will close us for this weekend. But please don't think we are closed for good. Just this weekend. As soon as we hear any updates, we'll keep you posted. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and support. We wish everyone a Happy Easter.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Papakeith said:
that's it. I'm selling my gear. selling my house, becoming a mexican national, and sneaking back into this country as an illegal so I can get what I want when I want and let someone else pay for it. WTF!!!! :pissed: :bang: :yell:

Why do they have to mess with a business that is serving so many? This country sucks sometimes
You might as well gain all that weight back too :nener: (then I won't feel so bad!)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
honestly Dave, for me 30 lbs is about equal to a good crap. I can feel the difference in my clothing, but I can't see a difference at all. Although I am closing in on a 10% bodyweight loss :aj:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom