Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You put multiple links on the same line separating them with a comma but no space. When you do that it gets parsed as one long link like the example below.

www.amazon.com,www.dirtrider.net

You need to put a space or hit the Return/Enter key after the last character of each link, like the example below.

Note the space after the comma in the first example and the way the parser software recognizes that it's two separate links..

www.amazon.com, www.dirtrider.net

Hitting the return key after the first link gives you this :

www.amazon.com,
www.dirtrider.net

Last edited:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Rich Rohrich said:
Carriage return after first link
There are a lot of internet savy folks that don't know what that is. Haven't heard that terminology in quite a few years myself.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
BSWIFT said:
There are a lot of internet savy folks that don't know what that is. Haven't heard that terminology in quite a few years myself.

Good point Brian, I revised my post. :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
It just shows my age! Kinda like a rotory dial phone! Maybe some cellular company will come out with a vintage replica, LOL. Maybe Steve Jobs can make it an option on the IPhone!

olderndirtmom

Apr 28, 2007
BSWIFT said:
"Carriage Return".....There are a lot of internet savy folks that don't know what that is. Haven't heard that terminology in quite a few years myself.

That's incredibly funny. Especially when used in the same paragraph with "parser software". Kind of like Mobb Deep rapping Thomas Dolby. :whoa:

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
BSWIFT said:

Soo now your calling me OLD because I know what carriage return means?... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
IndyYZ85 said:
I believe he's calling you old, cause you are uhh.. old... ;)
As if the words came out of my mouth!:)
Besides, since I know what it means, I'm, err, aaa, old!
Damn I hate mis-punching my holiryth cards.:(

Top Bottom