Performance Carb for an ' 04 KDX 200

Pchild

Nov 10, 2004
I'm looking to replace my carb on my KDX 200 and was wondering if anyone sold performance carbs for them...

I bought the bike BRAND new in '04 and the carb has been feniky since day one. I should have taken it back, but never did. Well today while riding it, my throttle stuck wide open and caused me to loop busting up some plastic and my butt.

I would like to buy a performance carb if anyone makes them... if not, what should I do? I hear people talking about Jetting the carbs, and all this stuff, but I don't know alot about that. Any suggestions? Ideas? Links to places that might sell a performance carb.

Thanks

Quailchaser

Jan 30, 2004
Pchild said:
Well today while riding it, my throttle stuck wide open and caused me to loop busting up some plastic and my butt.

Stranger things have happened...but, I would be extreemly surprised if the carb was the reason your throttle stuck. Most likely one or more of these:

1. Throttle cable routed improperly and binding (this happens
quite often especially if you've taken the tank off recently).
2. Throttle tube hanging up on "Bark buster"
3. Grip hanging up on Throttle housing
4. Throttle cable damaged or frayed

Good luck with the diagnostics. And yes I will second RB Designs 200/220 carb modification as the way to go for perfomance carbs for the KDX.

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
My bike runs fine. I can lug it low, and it still picks up.
Keep in mind that I had the whole top end done at fredette's shop, piston, port job, milled head, and carb work. It was a cost decision mostly. On the r-b mod, they bore it out to 36mm and then install a divider plate, fredette just bores the carb out.

Top Bottom