JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
It's about an Hour north of Elsinore on the 15 fwy, it's sounds like it's worth the drive.

I want to go but, family wants to ride Big Bear :( :cool:

Last edited:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by J_dem_Bones
Is this place near Lake Elsinore?? It sounds like it is away from Elsinore?
Where is the 395??

Its approx. 20 miles north of the 10 freeway right off of the 15.

Anybody want to do a warm up ride from the south side this weekend? Start under the RR tracks by the 15 & 138 exit. It is green sticker and spark arr. from this side.

Maybe a little practice run up the sand hill

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Can't this weekend it's give and take and I have to give this weekend to take the next one!

Once you get into the Cajon pass, it's the next exit past the truck scales. Go left at the end of the ramp and you'll be on 138 (if you go right, you better have a boat cause you'll be at silverwood lake!). It's about 7 miles to the Sheep Creek Road turn once you get on 138 from I-15. How bout we get a big rig so we can all get in one truck?!

Elk

sirhk100

Feb 8, 2001
I like that big rig Idea, can you pick me up in San Diego so I can get my sleep. I've only ridden up off 138, you know, the trails in the Deep Creek area. Is this the same general area as Phelan. At first I thought it was but now that I think about it I'm starting to think you guys are riding a totally different part of the mountain.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
As you're going up the 138 West from the 15, just past the wrightwood cutoff, you'll see some hills to the right that are pretty big. We (I) wide on the other side of those. There is a cafe on the right side also that you pass, we can get too that from the North side. If you look on a big map, there is an area between the 395 and 138 "V". Those are the hills and sand climbs all accesible from the North side. Go to MAPQUEST.com and find the area South of Phelon Road by Wilson Ranch. You can pan out and then click on the aerial photo shot. It gives you a good look at the area. The area to the left of the 138 is the mountains where Mountain High resort is. We can see it from the hill climbs if we look south over the 138. I'm thinking the big rig idea is forthcoming! Let's meet at Disneyland!

Elk

Thomas guide page San Bernardino 4563 G-4

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
elk,

BTW, I like your signature. Pretty funny. Mine should be "not enough power for air".

I'm only about 1 hour from Disneyland. How far is it from there to the riding spot? I want to go riding with you guys and I'm trying to work all of the angles.

1) Drive time
2) Give (foot rubs, not riding this weekend) & take ( 4 hours of riding time)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Actually, it's only about 40 minutes from the 15/91 interchange but coming from down south, you'll want the 215, it's a little quicker than the 15 for you. From Elsinore, tack on about 50 minutes + or -. You ever give a guy a foot massage? I'm sure our doggies will be quite tired after a day of riding. That kawasaki will be right at home up in the hills so try and make it.
Elk

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Disneyland? 15?? Disneyland is in Orange county. I use to race BMX right there. That sounds like it's a ways from the 15!!:think

It's sounding like I'm just going to Lake Elsinore. It's alot closer.
:eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Hate to burst your bubble but it was a joke! Let's all forget about Disneyland, can we do that? Think sand hills, rolling terrain, goat trails and whoops! I gotta get back to work
Elk

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Originally posted by RMjeff

Anybody want to do a warm up ride from the south side this weekend? Start under the RR tracks by the 15 & 138 exit. It is green sticker and spark arr. from this side.

Jeff I'd love to meet you out there another weekend , I'll be in Kennedy medows this weekend, why don't you join us. It's just a little futher up the 395:p

I used to ride in Hisperia by the airport all the time and would pass right by that place but never knew where to park.

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by scar tissue

, I'll be in Kennedy medows this weekend, why don't you join us. It's just a little futher up the 395:p

That would be cool except that is one heck of a day trip and I havent really been in the camping mood lately.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
RM

Ol89er is blazing up sat and back the same day. Maybe you could hook up with him. and what wrong with camping. Thumbs is looking for a tent mate :scream:

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
elk,

Foot massage? That would pretty tough to explain to the wife that I'm going riding with some guys I met on the internet and one of them wants a foot massage. :o

Not sure that I'll make it but maybe some of us around SD can caravan it up there?

My apologies for mentioning D'land. I was just looking for a shorter route.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Fred, hook up to the 15 north and it's a straight shot to the 138, 2 1/2hrs.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hey, if we get a big enough group at the sand hill, we need to pack a picnic! I can work up quite an appetite from all the adrenaline that monster stirs up!:eek:

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Well it looks like I'm going to Lake Elsinore track. Its alot closer(45min).;)
I don't want to have to drive 2.5 hours after riding! I get kinda sleepy..:eek:
Maybe another day thanks guys!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
It's not that long of a trip. It's more like an hour and 45 minutes cause it's only 45 minutes or so from elsinore at freeway speed. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. We go to the ends of the earth to find places to ride and Phelon isn't quite that far! We'll keep this post going and see what the turnout will be by then. Hope it turns out good. Cya
Elk

homey

Aug 7, 2001
What sort of cars should I look for? I am driving a Green Trooper with a trailer and a "97 CR250, and several of my friends are planning on going too. They have a F-150 extra cab and a red Explorer.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Well, if I can sneak my silverado out from my other half, it'll be grey, otherwise, look for the white el camino(no air). You can't miss us if you go to the end of Wilson Ranch Road, no one else is there. Round about 7am or so
Elk

J_dem_Bones

Jun 23, 2001
Sounds tempting....I only have a RED sticker too....but my exhaust has a spark arrestor.?
My buddies aren't riding this weekend and I didn't ride last weekend. So I'm itching to ride DAMN IT.....lol :p

What time is everyone suppose to meet??

fred2

Sponsoring Member
May 10, 2001
Elk,

How many people to you have coming up there that day? I'm still undecided but am working on the kitchen pass and trying to drag some more people with me. That's Labor Day weekend and it might be the last time I get to ride for a couple months.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I only have a red sticker too, and no spark arrestor. Haven't ever had a problem yet up there. Should be fine.

Fred, come on up, it's worth the ride. Not sure about the count yet, still up in the air. Looking at the replies, I'd say at least 6-8. We still have another week to write back and forth. Call me at work if you need 714-705-6010 ext 214.
Elk

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Anybody for a trip from the south side of Phelan tomorrow?????????

Green sticker and spark arrestor req'd from the south side.

Call if ya wanna go
909-322-9614

Top Bottom