JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
From RacerX:
August 24, 2003

Pichon injured, out for remainder of season

The following post was taken from MXLarge.com:

World Champion Mickael Pichon is out of action for the rest of the season after a crash during warm-up for the German Grand Prix.

The factory Suzuki rider injured his left knee in a low-speed crash and is now on his way back to Paris, where he is expected to undergo surgery tomorrow.

It is safe to say that the 27-year-old will not be able to defend his title with the remaining two Grand Prix of the season, missing the Motocross of Nations in October as well.

“His left knee is a bit of a mess and we will not know the extent of the injury until after the operation tomorrow,” commented team manager Jens Johansson. “These things happen sometimes, but it is still shocking how quickly the season can be over. We just hope now that the surgery is a success and Mickael will recover quickly.”

Pichon was looking strong for his fourth win of the season this weekend after blasting to a pole position time two seconds ahead of his rival Stefan Everts. In a cruel twist of luck for the team, Gaildorf has been the venue where they have clinched the championship for the last two years consecutively.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
Isn't "knee" french for "little finger"?

Ha! :laugh: I think you're right. "The knee is a mess" actaully means "that hang-nail might be infected."

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
You guys are haters!! :p

MAN I HOPE Everts comes over here next year.

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
Pichon sure brewed some bad karma over here - but I bet he could hold his own with anybody. I bet if he and Everts came over here and got a little practice with US MX, they could run right up there with RC and KW, and I bet they'd prove to be as tough as anybody. People grow up, and from what I've read about Pichon over the last year or two, he's done a lot of growing up. It's a shame that he got hurt.

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
XR - I wish! No more good times for me, with that pesky DOT testing.

Maybe I suffer lingering aftereffects of graduating high school in 1973.

WhKnuckle

May 14, 2003
One thing for sure, I'll never be proven wrong. The chances of Pichon and Everts coming to race in America are about the same as Windham signing up as an Air Marshall.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
You guys are haters!! :p

talk about the pot calling the kettle black! :confused:

and everyone else, dont disrespect the talent of people like Pichon, Everts smets etal. World championships dont just fall from the sky.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Everts has ran with the top americans before when he wasnt as mature a rider as now.He even gave MC a good race at the sheffield SX a few years ago and he hadnt raced SX for something like 4 years.Look how fast MP was at the SX he entered this year-RC took a while to pass him and then was less than 1 second a lap faster-MP hadnt raced Sx since 99 and had a world championship to loose if he got hurt-lets give any of those top riders the credit they have earnt-i hope they dont read these boards as we are the ones who look the chumps.

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Everts has added another year to his yamaha contract, so you'll only be able to see him in MX1 or racing internationals in europe. Theres no doubt that hes the best rider at the moment in europe, he's up to 67 GP wins now, and it was his 6th in a row at doing the double classes, though i think Townley could have been up with him if he was allowed to....but pichon got injured in the morning practice and did a lap 2 seconds faster than anyone else in qualifiying and this German GP is where he has clinched his last two world crowns.

Top Bottom