plans for homemade moto jack rack?

Ensign

Oct 13, 1999
Anyone have any plans or pictures for how they made their own moto jack rack? My brother has access to a pretty good welder and he needs a way to transport his bike.

Thanks in advance.

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
I would'nt suggest it. I've had mine for over a year, and it's been down bumpy dirt roads, potholes, you name it. I can cruise along at 70 with no need to worry. It was not cheap, but it was money well spent, and the guy who builds them will replace any parts that may get damaged. Just make the purchase. Unless you can spare the time to purchase the metal stock and have your buddy cut and weld, just save the headache.

Treestomper

Sep 16, 2001
I had some pictures a while back of a homemade one but can not find them right now. But all you have to do is get a square pipe coming out of the hitch and then a rail with supports under it. For the tieing down part i saw on that had something like a bike stand welded onto the rail and you would then strap the bike down really tight to the stand and would not need to tie i down anyother places. It is not that hard to weld one up an should not take more than a few hours but try to make it as strong as you can. I was going to make one but I made a trailer instead because you can only carry one bike at a time but you do not have to geta lic. plate for it.

Top Bottom