Play in the dirt again? 25 years later

Lamondec

Dec 5, 2006
Have new (used ) bike for my 17 year old son. He has been asking for years and finally I get to get him one since my wife finally agreed. I get to get mine in March (more fun).

My son is a lot like me an likes to study and learn as much as possible before jumping into somehting. I know experience will be the best teacher but what DVD's, books, whatever can help him and me? I am barely above a beginner (rode in dirt for fun only years ago) since I have only riddign street for past 20 years.

His bike is a Suzuki RM 250. We will be mostly trail riding and working the bisics for a while.

Thanks,

Lamondec

Lamondec

Dec 5, 2006
He is a musclular 6 feet tall weighing 180. We will be just trail riding for a while so I did not want him to outgrow his bike in 3 months.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Lamondec welcome to the site. FWIW, I ride a 265 and and weigh in at 145 so don't let the last guy worry you. Just make sure your son takes it easy at 1st and doesn't ride above his skill level.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
A 17 year old that is your sons size (my son is just 18 weighs in at 150# and rides a 450F- got his first 125 when he was 12- 4'10 and 115# and then a 250F when he was 13- 5'2" and 125#) and temperment will be just perfect. No matter what bike he is on I would guess he will crash a few times. Just make sure he is equipped with good protective gear. BTW it will be that much more fun with both of you learning together- just don't get to disappointed when after a couple rides he will be so far out front you will wonder where he went. Now just work on getting Mom a bike- make sure it is one you also would like to ride

Top Bottom