KXrider12

Sponsoring Member
Jan 2, 2002
Im not a pro in car settings either but i would ahve to say check the air screw and the main jet, give it more air or a bigger main jet for more fuel.

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
To get more of an idea of what you are referring to as "plug blowing" and "burning" tell us what exactly the plug looks like. When you say burning...do you mean that the electrode is completely gone? As in melted off? Or do you mean that its just really really black and gooey. Is it a tan or white color with little round specks all over the electrode?

Give us some help here so we can help you.

B.

sountek1002

Nov 11, 2001
the plug is very black and goey yes, the electrode looks normal but no fire when cranking with plug removed, with new plug fire is there and bike start up just right!

thanx for help

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
It appears that you have a bike that is way too rich. You need to go thru your jetting and lean things out. If you dont know how to do this, find a book that will teach you. It is way too difficult for someone to explain this over the net.
Im sure if you do a search on the topic of jetting, you will find alot of information, but maybe not the kind that you are looking for. A good maitanence book for dirt bikes is your best bet.

B.

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
make sure the first thing you do is clean and oil the filter. a clogged filter will make the bike rich. I have had a filter be so clogged the bike won't run after only two moto's way rich.
also check the air/fuel screw. because I would guess the jetting isn't way off if the bike has been running with the current jetting and this is a new problem.
I also had a weird problem where my choke was leaking by causing a really rich situation. The "choke" on the kdx isn't really a choke its a fuel enrichening circuit. The rubber plunger was dry and cracked and let fuel leak by. The bike barely ran but when I pushed down on the choke button the bike woke right up.
Jason

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom