procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
When you are tuning your carb, do you have to put in a new plug each time you do a different test? Like, if you were doing a main jet test and you found it to be rich from the looks of the plug, would you have to install a new plug after you change the jets? I am guessing that you do, but i dont wanna buy a bunch of new plugs when i dont have to.

procircuit21

Nov 19, 2002
Ya, that's true.. i guess just after 5-10 minutes i could still use them. what kind of jetting are you running in yours? it looks like u have the same motor mods i have except i have a RAD valve and i will jsut drop the main and pilot down

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
hey guys,
i get the ngk b9es plugs from the shop here for about 2.something. since i have been playin with jets every time i go to get something i say and gimme two plugs. once i get my jetting right i should never have to buy another plug. have about 10 used plugs but none are fouled. i was wondering if once i get my jetting right if some of the black wet plugs will clean themselves up (i.e go tan) but i doubt it.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The answer to the primary question is, 'yes.'

Otherwise, a plug that is 'damaged' due to being in a too rich motor isn't ever going to 'clean up' to the point a clean plug or plug that was in a 'clean' motor ever would.

So, no..those wet, black plugs won't clean themselves up. You would be more likely to just end up baking the crud on!

Once you carry a few of those used plugs around for awhile, I'll bet they are less than spotless anyway. Those plug caddies are good, but pretty dang big, too!

Certainly, once a plug has fouled..toss it. It won't be reliable.

Guess it depends on how much of that (reliability) you're after.

imo and all that junk

It's good to see a number of youse guys actually going to the trouble of sorting your bike's jetting requirements out. You'll be real happy with the result!

89kdx200rdr

~SPONSOR~
Apr 19, 2003
check this plug out. this is right after i put on fmf fatty pipe. with stock jetting. 48/1172n/158 no ab lid. this was a new plug i warmed up with old plug and put this one in, ouch. then did wot chop. oh airscrew was 1.25 out with 93exxon and 32:1 kawachem or whatever they changed the name to.
shoot how do i post a pic?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom