What brand do you ride?

• Total voters

peanuts

Jun 16, 2007
Kawasaki make a Diesel KLR650 for the army... apparently they had a limited civilian release too... I wonder why I don't see any around?? :joke:

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
yamahas are the worst bikes on the planet, they make good quads but they should just give up on bikes

and your proof on that is....?
they seem to be popular as they are number 2 on the list of what people ride...

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
I'll ride anything...not real particular. But my favs are my old Hodaka's, and my Bultaco's, ( although the 200 Bul broke my leg twice! ) :yikes:

Now I'm riding a near vintage '89 RMX Suzuki. I love the big Cadillac for the woods. It's set up for me perfectly...nice comfy suspension, smooth power, lights so I can find my way back when I get lost...great for an Old na Slow guy like me! :cool: :ride:

Rotor

Coloner_Dre

Feb 8, 2006
Been a yammi rider all my life so far started with a ttr-125 to a yz80 now on an 06 yz250f best bikes. Never had any problems unlike my friends hondas which are always breaking.

Jan 3, 2007
I like all the bikes for different reasons.

YAMAHA: I love the old ITs that were the first bikes to have a single shock and CDI ignition. They also made the liquid cooled high performance 4 stroke engine come to life from just a wild thought.

Honda: To make the best racer back in the early 70s called the CR Elsinore. Also making mabe the most potent 125 engine in 94-97 because of the power valve.

Suzuki&Kawi: They made the best single shock suspension with the uni-track. Made the first liquid cooled motocross racer. Only production 3 and 4 speed 450 4 stroke. Best handling bikes ever.

KTM: Proved that a 250 2 stroke can make those 450s shy on the dyno. Best maker for enduro and dual-sport bikes at a good price. Interesting link-less rear suspension.

Husky: Showed that a 4 stroke could go up in arms with 2 strokes. Very powerful 2 stroke bikes. Won lots of off road events in a short time.

GasGas: Proved that a trials based company can make some of the best enduro bikes out there. Balanced, light, quality, fun is what GasGas means.

Service Honda: Bringing the most legendary motors back to life in a modern day chassie. SWEET!

Cannondale&ATK: Making the largest 2 stroke single in a dirt bike. First to make a fule ingected 4 stroke to the market.

Beta: A bike that can have the best from an Italian chassie, Astrian engine, German sock, Japaneses tires, brakes, ignitiom, and carb is great. Making great trials bikes as well.

Aprilia: Making the first V2 powered dirt bike.

Thats what i have to say about that. If i messed up on any of the info please correct me and add on.

Feb 26, 2006
A Kawasaki later than '95 will always be my first choice. They're reliable, quick, and easy to ride. Every one always says my bikes are the funnest to ride because the second you get on one you fill like you have been riding it for years. Earlier Kawasakis are another story. Other than Kawasaki I'd own a Yamaha. They are not has relible, but wicked fast. My KX 250 is alot slower on top speed but alot faster on the trails than a YZ. It is neck and neck with all the 450's on a trail, but when we get where there is a little more space to run, my 40 year old cousin flys by on his modified WR. After Yamaha it would be Honda, then KTM, then Suzuki. However, I think I'd be happy with any brand as long as it was a 250 two-stroke.

ShoujoKakumei

Sep 14, 2007
I'm a n00b, but I've only ridden Kawasakis since that's mostly what my friends have. Finally ended up buying a KLX125 for myself. (Picking it up this week, I'm excited. :D)

Actually, I take that back, I lied. My very first time on a bike was when a guy I know thought trying to get me to ride his Honda CRF450 would be funny. But I don't really count that 'cause, uh, I wasn't actually on it for very long.

d_alexand

May 14, 2007
I prefer

On the street I've owned all brands of sportbikes... you can't go wrong with any, so I just look for the best deal.

On the dirt I've always liked Kawi and Honda. I'm riding a CR now, so my vote goes to Honda... and 2-STROKES RULE !!!! :p

wouter-gasgas

Dec 17, 2007
GasGas MC 250 2006

I got a GasGas MC 250cc 2-stroke from 2006 for a year now and i LOVE it!!
It had never let me down and some pro-riders I know who have driven it liked the handeling and power a lot.

ww(remove this)w.brommerforum.nl/gallery/view/2448
a link to some pictures of my bike with the Honda cr 250 of a friend of mine.

manny

Dec 17, 2007
yamaha got to love it

i just love my yz i had kawasaki honda i love yami the best stock it as a good forks and susp. done up it rocks that my choice everybody as a different taste KEEP IT PIIIIIN

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I'm surprised KTM hasn't done better.

atkkid250

Uhhh...
Mar 18, 2008
i ride atk, anyone even heard of it? haha. super nice bike only problem is is that my idler gear cracked out of the engine case so i have to push start her right now :( o well, how do the husqvarnas go anyone know? they seem like they rip and ive allways wanted to ride one.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom