What brand do you ride?

• Total voters

ghost665

Nov 2, 2006
KTM 2-strokes!! 380s got power for days!! KTM just came out with a whole new 2stroker, unlike Honda still pushing the 2002 CR with new graphics, on people. And for Yamaha. I hope they sell a lot of bikes, because they are flooding the local T.V. stations with ads. I for one will never go 4stroke, so KTM and I will have a long relationship!!!!

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Dirtbikes are so good across the board nowadays, they're all pretty much the same, except for one thing: Service Honda. I ride Honda because Service Honda makes them the most affordable bike to ride. Parts, for the most part all cost the same, regardless of manufacturer, at the dealer. It seems like Service Honda's parts are about 40% off dealer price on average.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
TheJMan said:
i like Yamays ^^ for two reasons....1.i've ridden a few friends bikes honda's/KTM and i like mine the best....2.Yamaha also produces Piano/keyboards gotta love my music making dirbike

LoL

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Looks like Honda is taking the lead.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
The gay instrument thing ain't worth mention.

:coocoo:

Yz250FinAZ

Dec 15, 2003
Yamaha is falling behind...

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
Yz250FinAZ said:
Yamaha is falling behind...

i expected it to hit this mark. Honda in 1st, Yamaha in 2nd, Kawasaki in 3rd. it used to be neck and neck with Honda/Yamaha, but there's too many people out there buying a Honda because thats what everyone else has :coocoo: . get something unique.

Ole Ed

Jan 8, 2007
Prolly gonna get blasted for this, but, I bought my 13 year old his first bike last year, and it was a Chinese made Honda knockoff MX150. For 639 U.S. dollars we got a new bike and a new helmet that matched. So far it has about 1000 miles on it with only one malfunction. That was the throttle cable somehow got hung up. I have ridden this thing as much as he has and I really like it.
Going to buy me one of the 250's this year.

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
I love Suzuki's as well as Honda's, Have an old TS250 enduro man that thing climbs hills like you wouldn't believe, but know I bought a Honda and like that too, Damn those new RM's are also nice :nod:

kew_cr125

Feb 11, 2007
Honda, bulletproof trailbikes. My CR may not be all that great for low-end, but it does fine. The old trail bike up north however, is something extraordinary. You'll see that it's a 1973, yes, 1973 Honda XL250. it had something like 5500 miles on it when we got it two years ago, now it should have about 6000. It's soo reliable, just as long as you don't gas it too much in low rpm or else you'll foul the plug. The people that owned it before us weren't the kind of people to take "good" care of their bikes either. We traded them a 1980 something KTM TC300 for the XL250 because it wasn't running right. They fixed it, then took it out on the street and blew the transmission. I've ridden that XL, It's got the nylon tires still, the pipe's super rusty, and there's a small crack in the rim, but other than that it runs great. The only downside i'd have to say it has for a nice cruiser is the suspension and weight. dual-shocks with 3in of travel, and about 300lbs or more. It feels so weird when I take it out for a cruise after a rip on my CR. When I had a Yamaha, ttr-125 I outgrew it in two years and hated it because it was so tempermental.

foxracinggirl

Feb 15, 2007
I own a 2005 Honda cr85r. I wanted to buy a YZ 125 , but I searched everywhere for one and I couldn't find one for sale. I rode a KX 80 before and it was pretty cool. My favorite color is blue so that's why I wanted yamaha ( crazy , I KNOW ) So , now I have my Honda and all of my accessories and I'm red!! But , I now love both red and blue... I seen a KX 125 for sale that I was going to buy. But....... I am 5 foot tall and I can't reach the ground on 125's! My 85 is perfect for me. I am going to be boring it out soon to a bigger size : ) MORE POWER!!! I also need to change the reeds and maybe the clutches?? I don't know who it went thru before me , but after going thru me , it's probably time!!

mmz77

Oct 15, 2006
I used to ride an old suzuki, but honestly I don't care which brand I would of bought next so I bought what was the best deal at the time. Found a good deal on a Honda, so I just purchased that.

I<3Dirt

Feb 3, 2007
I ride Suzuki, but started out on a little 80's Honda 50. I prefer Suzuki, or Kawasaki but wouldn't care if I had to buy a Honda or Yamaha. I usually just look for the best deal most of the time, not the brand.

2strks4evr

Feb 5, 2007
i ride a 03 cr 250 and my wife rides a 01 cr125.we have very few problems with either of them,except for rider induced problems.i also ride a 00 kx500.i used to race it (mx)and had nothing but trubble.i was always at the kawi shop for parts.since i had my cyl done at us chrome the trubbles have reduces.kawasaki's nikisil sucks.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
2strks4evr.........? I'll have my people call your people. ;)

Top Bottom