LakeSickelRon

Oct 7, 2008
Ron Scharphorn here,
No there was no fight between Paul and I. We did exchange words. I told him that I didn't like the way he passed me. He told me it was just racing. Nothing even close to a fight broke out. I accept his explanation because it was Paul and not some wild young novice kid.
What made others mad was the pass I put on him in the last corner coming into the finish. It was a good pass, pretty sure there was no contact . However I did take away his line. He ended up wide and Virginia fell down. I don't think he actually hit her, but she did have to jump back out of the way, losing her ballance and knocking the batteries out of the scanner. I feel bad about the whole deal. I was too focused on getting to the checkered flag to realise that Virginia was standing right there. The race and certainly the possition were not important enough for me to endanger Virgina.
I would suggest that Virginia should have never been put in that possition. Instead of the flag being right at the scoring barrels it should have been several yards before her possition. The other option would have been to have chutes like the White Trash guys use up at Mio.
I am sorry that my desire to pass Paul detracted from a fine race.
See you all at the banquette. Ron

wyatt

Apr 3, 2002
Shagy100 said:
From what i hear it was ronnie sharphorn and paul guy, I guess ronnie rolled a jump and paul jumped over him not knowin he was there. At the board there were words exchanged and then changed to a full out fist fight

Shaggy,

next time leave the speculation to the Media they seem to be good at it. no sense in
starting potentially damaging rumours.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
wyatt said:
Shaggy,

next time leave the speculation to the Media they seem to be good at it. no sense in
starting potentially damaging rumours.
hey i heard it from someone else im just relayin what i heard

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Shagy100 said:
hey i heard it from someone else im just relayin what i heard
I heard the father son duo was DW and CW. DW was tired of the spankin CW has been putting on him, finally cracked, took Freddy out in a blind corner, ghost rode his bike into Marsh's 5th wheel and did some serious damage. Made CW find a ride home and sold his bike for $100. Marsh welded DW's bike to the drop gate on Freddy's new rig and the sparks were flying in the ride home. Wish I was there, sounds like a great ride. :laugh:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Hey, the event was a fun time!
(first race back in a year)
We all get a bit competetive,that's why we race. Sometimes we get over zealous, but again this is what we are about.
I'm sure there was never any ill intentions from anyone!
Lets let rumors die and look forward to a great time at the banquet(except for those running the Enduros, you have 2 more times to be a bit competetive.)

See ya all in Upland!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Hey Shagy what kind of helmet cam do you have?

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
Hey Shagy what kind of helmet cam do you have?
Its a go pro helmet hero its the same one that josh hill used all season you can get it on the website for 169 i got it off ebay for 148 next day aired to the door. Bbarel i was lookin up at the trail but being that it was the first ride with it i didnt know that you should point the cam up a little higher as i set it in line with my visor. Im gonna wear it at portland next year and hopefully youll be able to see more

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Shagy100 said:
Its a go pro helmet hero its the same one that josh hill used all season you can get it on the website for 169 i got it off ebay for 148 next day aired to the door. Bbarel i was lookin up at the trail but being that it was the first ride with it i didnt know that you should point the cam up a little higher as i set it in line with my visor. Im gonna wear it at portland next year and hopefully youll be able to see more
Normally your looking out your Butt!
So don't mount it where your looking!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Shagy100 said:
Its a go pro helmet hero its the same one that josh hill used all season you can get it on the website for 169 i got it off ebay for 148 next day aired to the door.

Cool thanks! We checked those out at the Red Bud and Steel City National and thought it looked nice and sturdy.

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
Cool thanks! We checked those out at the Red Bud and Steel City National and thought it looked nice and sturdy.
It is its suck on my bell hemet pretty good it wont mount to my tld helmet or prolly any helmet with a wierd curve on top. the only thing youve gotta get for it is a 2gb sd card for 14 dollars

Top Bottom