carrslott

Mar 2, 2003
First of all, thanks to everyone on this forum. I've learned more about my KDX in the last six months of reading this board than I did in the previous 5 years of owning it, reading the service manual and tinkering with it by myself. My bike is a 95 200 that was pretty much stock when I got it (third owner). I run a FMF K-35 pipe with TC 2 silencer. It has always been a spooge monster, but with the suggestions and advice found here I have it jetted very close for my riding style. (42P, 152M, R1174K clip #2, stock #5 TV).
Well, I recently decided to try the C taper needles and now I have two problems. Problem #1: I used a CEL and the bike oozes at idle, even with a 35 pilot. The same thing happened with a CEM, no matter what position the air screw was in. Should I try the CEP or CEQ? I've never seen anyone mention these needles. Maybe I need a #6 or larger TV?
Problem #2: While testing the various combinations of jets and needles my bike suddenly lost power from mid throttle up. The first few test runs the bike ran normally and then...nothing after 1/2 throttle. Does this sound like a carb problem or did the KIPS pick a perfect time to clog and stick closed? The only other thing different is that when I turn the fuel on to an empty carb it will overflow for a few seconds then stop. After this initail spill all is back to normal. It never overflowed before. Thanks for any suggestions

Top Bottom