PowerNow Carb insert for CRF450R

Spokes574

Apr 27, 2001
I have Y05 CRF450R and thinking about purchasing the ScaryFast Power Now and Power Now Plus for the carb.
My only concern is that It might change the getting. I purchased the Power Now in the past for my CR250R and had to go up 2 sized on the main. Just a pain of trail and error.

Does anyone have experiance with both inserted into the carb of a crf, if so did you have to change the jetting? if so what were the changes. I am here in CA.

Thanks,
Spokes574

yz426ex

Mar 31, 2006
i made my own for a 39mm carb on the yz426. it lost all top end so im thinking i needed to go up on the main. i took it out though. their not worth the money rilly thats why alot of people make their own like me.

It had good low and mid rage but all the top end went bye bye. after half throtol it just woulp pop and loose ALL power and just roll. so it would need a main jet change. it made me run rilly rich. fould plugs bad :yikes:

Spokes574

Apr 27, 2001
Here is what I have learned from several calls and inputs from other forums.
Everyone seems to agree on seeing a increase in easier starting.
Power gains seam to be mixed reviews from people. About half the folks told me they felt better bottom to mid but only slightly. I guess the best result is easier starting.

On 4 strokes the trend has been no jetting change needed, but yes on 2 strokes main jet 2 sizes up.

Boysean is working on one and see's ~1/4 - 1/5 hp
gains from low to mid on the dyno. Their design is different, I do not want to leak it out. They also said that the exit side of carb
with the device really does not help with performance based
on thier testing and dyno. They also said not carb jetting changes are needed with their device and did not see any jetting changes required with the competitors device either on 4 strokes. Their version will not be out for another 1-2months and I can't wait that long so I guess I have to order the available brand now.

I hope this helps others.

Thanks,
Spokes574

Top Bottom