Practice Track magazine

Hugebear

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 18, 2000
I ordered "Time to Ride" from Impact Video and when they shipped it they included a copy of "Practice Track". I had never seen it before but thought cool, another moto magazine. For those of you that haven't seen it it's kind of like the old RacerX, published sporadically and in a newspaper format, except that it's put together by some guy from Georgia. Anyway, I started flipping through it and thought it was okay, a little short on content, lots of freestyle, trash talking etc. There was one sort of funny article where they bagged on the guys on MXA in a spoof on Jody's ridiculous writing style and column. Then I see an article which seemed to have no other purpose than to get down on DRN. While its kind of a compliment that we've reached the attention of such notable experts, I found their comments to be not very accurate. Some guy who doesn't even have the guts to use his name but calls himself the "Net Spy" says this "is a dumb ass site" and that we're all "a bunch of losers". They are of the opinion that there is no information here worth reading and that no one on this site knows what they're talking about. While its true that I have seen some less than factual information on here, its overwhelmingly offset by lots of helpful tips and gives everyone a cool dirt bike related place on the net. If they don't like the content on here that's their own business but it seems pretty unprofessional to personally attack anyone who finds the information on here useful. If you'd like to express your opinion of Practice Track you can reach its publisher, Joey Casey, at practicetrack@yahoo.com, (seems to me that if they're so cool they could at least register a domain name).

SirReel

Aug 23, 2001
gotta disagree

Practice Track is an awesome mag. It's meant to be funny... Also, they are the same folks who do the DMXS internet radio show every wednesday night. If you haven't heard it yet, you are missing out. My favorite show so far was the 3 + hour interview of David Bailey... Anyway, the reason they bagged on this site is because when they first started the radio show, they put a post on here about it and the post was deleted...
In my opinion DRN and practice track are both must see for mx fans. drn has more info than anyone could possibly digest and PT makes me laugh harder than anything else in the industry... Can't we all get along???

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i've been a subscriber to "practice track" for several years. i've always enjoyed it. it is so different from anything else out there. i could see that many people could be offended by some of the content. i used to chat with joey fairly often before the message boards became so popular. he always seemed real cool to me. as sir reel said, it is published sporadically. i don't always receive every issue. i guess i missed the one about drn.

one thing to remember, pt is 99% motocross and the motocross lifestyle. this site is viewed by others as a trail rider's site. they couldn't care less about the correct jetting on a kdx 200 at 4000 feet. therefore, they consider much of the info here to be useless. me, i'm a motorcyclist. i've got room in my world for all of it.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
So what does a subscription to this Putz-U-r Prize gem run? $24, what a bargain for a "when we get around to it publication". What does a subscription to 90% of DRN cost? :think Sure there's room for all kinds of media but it sure seems that the magazines are getting their feathers all ruffled by the web. Not just DRN or not just dirt bike sites but the Internet in general is putting a serious dent in publication profits, or more correctly making their red ink redder. Sure I have subscriptions to some of the more worth while ones as I am sure many of you do. But for accurate info with a very quick turn around where do you turn?:)

I'm guessing that PT got a pouty lip for some ridiculous post that was deleted because it looked like a mentally challenged chimp composed it while hooked to an electric shock therapy machine while sitting in a 5 gallon bucket of kosher pickle juice. Then again maybe it’s just their writing style.
:moon: :moon: :moon:

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
<Mod Edit> They were just looking for a free plug but they aren't getting one from us :) <end edit> is there website. I think that there are some generally wrong impressions of DRN that float around the net and I really have no idea why. This site is usually the first visit of mine a day and usually there are multiple visits per day. The information on this site is priceless. I think that DRN and Practice Track serve very different aspects of the moto world.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Patman
...sitting in a 5 gallon bucket of kosher pickle juice.
'ell doggies Jethro, I'll never do that again. Burns the 'roids sumpin' fierce.:uh:

Top Bottom