blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
There is a local pro around here that I heard about from my friend. He does private lessons. I heard a few good things about him, and was thinking about doing this. He charges 25$ an hour. You can hire him for like 2 hours or 4 hours whatever you want. I hear he is booked like all week, so I know alot of people go to him. My friend was telling me that he works with you the ENTIRE time you hire him. Is this a good deal? 25 bucks an hour seems pretty reasonable to me. I was wondering if anybody else has had any experience with this kind of one on one training and how much it costed you.

If I posted this is the wrong forum, I'm sorry I didn't know where to put it.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
You have little to lose aside from your money, so if $50 is not too bad for you and you have heard good things about the man, go for it.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Who are you talking about? I saw that Clay Hoenshell was giving some kind of lessons. He has won the TCCRA pro class for several years in a row. I thought about doing that, but just never really acted on it. Was this a MX kind of guy, or woods or what? $25 an hour is a good deal, I think. Way cheaper than say one on one golf lessons. Definately let me know how this turns out, because I've been flirting with the idea myself, but wouldn't know who to take from.

blackhawk468

President of Bling
N. Texas SP
Nov 3, 2000
It's a motocross guy, number 79 or something like that. He travels in an LCS van. I've seen him a few times, never paid attention to him or watched him ride. From what I hear though he's pretty good. I'll let you know, because I think in a few weeks when I get my truck I'm going to take lessons from him.

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
not a bad price

just make sure you get a chance to have the person giving the lessons critique you before starting. Many times you have to "unlearn" bad habits. If you can have someone vido your lessons you can also play them back to see what you did wrong/right.

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Oh yeah, videotaping your riding is an excellent way of improving your riding, not to mention tuning your suspension when you get to the stage where you can ride reasonably consistently.

Top Bottom