Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
I think you can figure it out , your membership numbers are in question.

Is this a gut feel thing for you or what? You have some sinister inside stuff about the evil empire and our plan to rule the world? :silly: . Really, how could you possibly know the numbers are wrong? I really want to hear this. Make sure to make a nice, bulleted list that easy for all to understand and make sure it contains some fact.

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
Originally posted by Jeremy Wilkey

Pat,
You stil believ all that? What that be the loser who got kicked off his own forum for spamming.? Anyway Look I'm sorry you never fit into our program, but you should stop slamming me for doing whats best for my team. Bottom line you did'nt make the cut, and we have never been anything but nice till you started with your hard feelings.

I'm not even going to begin to entian your BS as I have a much bigger target. Please get over your issues with me. Join GP-Racing and tune suspension with Gary. The world will be a much better place.

Best Regards,
Jer

My opinions have nothing to do with "making a cut" or "fitting in " , I told you at the time calling things off was fine with me and I still feel it was for the best. I didn`t like the way requirements changed and you didn`t want to go the original ones. We had/have different plans , no big deal.

I have no sure way to know which side is being truthful which is one reason I haven`t joined with a suspension shop. I can only make my decisions on what I am able to find out.

sfc crash

Human Blowtorch
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
hey, i'm happy with my MX-tech suspension. nothing like having the guy who built it, on board to answer any questions and provide that "stand behind the product" thingy. btw, that is thingy, the "y" was put there on purpose. spell check ,ha! i don't need no stinkin' spell check. :aj:

George Quay

Jun 20, 2002
Rydog,
I don't know how this got so far off track for you. I'm sorry you got caught up in this bash fest. PA would have liked to have done your suspension work. My apologies.

Additionally, in regard to your statement, I am not selfish and greedy. I'm actually quite the opposite. I give a lot of time to the local community. I am the director of the Beaver Falls Recreation Board, an Elder in our church, I teach the High School Sunday school class, and just finished a week of being the Story Teller at Vacation Bible School (that's why my posts have been so late at night). In addition to all of the support that PA gives to the sport, which includes 25 years of sponsoring riders, teams, and even twice we were the headline sponsors for the High Point National ( 1979 / 1980). We were the suspension sponsor of the National Promoters Group from the very beginning until we were priced out of it this year. The NPG paid about $500,000 a year to the pro riders purse. This year, as every year, we sponsor hundreds of riders all over the world in every skill level. Every weekend we run support trucks to tracks all over the country. We are a 2002 AMA Supercross and Motocross Contingency Sponsor. We post $100 for 1st - 10th place overal all all of those events and just sent a check for $100 to Troy Adams yesterday for his 9th place finish at Budds Creek. We advertise big in most of the magazines and have a passion for the sport. Additionally, Pro-Action sponsors a home town Pony League team (a little local color).

I have an 8 year old son and I spend as much of my non business free time as I can with him and his mother (I'm 54 now and lost my first family while trying to build my business). Sometimes it's hard to run a business, raise a family, and find time to give advise on the internet (particularly when it always turns into a Hockey Game). I don't think that PA's position on supporting the sport can ever be an issue. Our customer service is the best, and I have NO trouble looking in the mirror at the charity of my own heart.........EVER.

Shocknut,
You seem to make a great deal of sense. Thank you for your tranquility and insight. I never claimed to invent the low flow valve body. Many years ago I subscribed to the flow characters theory of the one's made by Noleen and improved on it a bunch. Back in the late 70's and early 80's I worked with Gil Valencourt at Works Performance. I became well versed in the theory way back then. Jeremy Wilkey also subscribes to the low flow theory. Jeremy had often spoken to me (enthustically) about how our interests paralleled on that particlar subject. Jeremy never ever hesitates to come to my truck at the Nationals and shake my hand. For someone who has admired my theories and patterend his marketing concepts after the PA franchising network I'm supprised that I have become such an unintellegent low life so quickly. Although sometimes annoyed by it, I have always sort of been flattered that he chose to follow our lead. I figured I had at least done something that others would consider following. However; I don't think that can be construed as "teaching someone everything that one knows" and I'm sure I never said anything like that.

Jeremy,
We went through all of this last year when you and Greg got into it. I thought we had put it all behind us. I said it last year and I'll say it again this year. I have more important things to do that waste time arguing with you. Please find something else to do besides meligning my character for the entertainment of your followers. PA is a fine company with an excellent reputation that speaks for itself. We can't always make everyone happy all the time (who can ?) but we probably have more suspension customers than anyone else does, and our work IS 100% GUARANTEED to the customers satisfaction (but you already knew that).

PS. I don't have a college degree and I don't have spell check either.

That's about all I have to say. It's been another interesting trip to your forum.

Heat

Jan 8, 2002
Well said George. To the point and without the ego we see so often here.

I think I have changed my mind about PA.

Last edited:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
and just finished a week of being the Story Teller

but we probably have more suspension customers than anyone else does,

So when does storytime end?

Seriously though, since when did having more customers than anyone else make anybody the best? McDonalds has more customers than Sullivan's but I know where I'd rather eat beef. Firestone sold more tires than Cooper but does that mean you want them on YOUR vehicle? Walmart sells more everything than just about anybody should they now get in the suspension business? MXTech is not the biggest, and Jer may not be the best speller but to me having a product that more than satisfies any expectations I had and is backed by customer service that is second to none is more important than having "the biggest" do anything. Why just the other day George I saw a Walmart with a McDonalds attached to the store! Will we soon see you in aisle 58 next to the jumbo bag of pork rinds and 48 pack of toilet paper?

John Curea

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 29, 2000
George

You seem a bit baffled by the tone of this thread. You have publicly stated to customers, local track owners, dealerships and even to my face that Jeremy has "ripped you off". After hearing that for two years (right after the MXA article came out and put MX-TECH mainstream in the industry) Jeremy has hit the boiling point and the #$%& has hit the fan and here it is.......

The self endearing character portrayal is quite impressive but seems to be a bit at odds with reality.......

In business there will always be competition, one can arrise to the situation and do it better and differently or one can choose to try and badger the competitor out of the game. Usually this creates more drive and enthusiasm for the new competiton, becoming self-defeating in the end for the tyrannizer.

For everyone caught up in this thread, this is the reality of the situation. When falsely accused, you will sooner or later hit the boiling point....

Take Care, John Curea

2001yz250

Mar 27, 2002
Can't we all just get along? There are only three things most of us are concerned with when making any purchase of anything. 1. Getting a quality product that meets our expectations and does the job at hand. 2. Having the job done CORRECTLY with attention to detail. 3. Having the product and the work guaranteed with the customer still being treated courtiously and honestly AFTER the money has changed hands.
The only way to make a decision about which company to use is to ask the CUSTOMERS of the different tuners their opinion about how the like the product and customer service. No offense to any of the tuners here but only their customers can give an unbiased opinion about the product they have on their bike. I know Pro Action has supported many MX races and sponsors many riders here in the southeast and I respect and appreciate them for that. I respect and appreciate Jeremy because he post here on DRN and offers advice to anyone who asks it, plus offers many interesting and informative articles on his website. I have RT on my bike but it's too soon to tell whether it is quality work or not.....see previous post. Personally, I'm glad all of the tuners are out there giving each other competition and developing better and better products and helping to bring our sport to the forefront of motorsports. What I don't like is people slamming one another or their service...well it is kind of entertaining. I think it would be more beneficial if you would just explain what YOU can do and not what the OTHER GUY does or doesn't do.

ktm033

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 19, 2001
had a great experience with Factory Connection, very helpful, cost was very reasonable and the suspension works great!

tom sawyer

May 6, 2002
george
will you answer some questions
being well versed in the theory of high velocity piston design.
why do you claim the pa fork pistons works on the edge of hydraulic lock??

why is there talk that many of your franchises don't even use the pa pistons??? is this true ??

this forum is for learning and discussing suspension facts and theory.
many other companys theories are discussed here. can we here a little about
yours .

i am asking for technical facts not a sales pitch :think:

Wakisashi

Mod Ban
Apr 29, 2002
George made his point , I don`t think you will see him online here again.

I was told by a friend that did an oil change on a set of PA forks that they didn`t have the PA pistons , I serviced them later and they did have the PA pistons. He didn`t know the differance between stock and aftermarket.

I notice you are in Lafayette , stop by Straightline and they can explain hydraulic lock to you.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by John Curea
George

You seem a bit baffled by the tone of this thread. You have publicly stated to customers, local track owners, dealerships and even to my face that Jeremy has "ripped you off".

The self endearing character portrayal is quite impressive but seems to be a bit at odds with reality.......

GQ,

I love the pios and gentle tone. Spoken like a master, BTW. I supose however that what should we exspect from the man who rose to the top of his industry after such a hard battle. To you Galtiator of the suspension world, job well done.

While I may never be as big as you George I speculate on my worst day I have some thing you'll never have.

Since you are the best Please, don't change, keep doing what your doing it's working far better than you ever thought!

Anyway George, Time will prove the just and rigthous.. Have no woories. Please come back again to visit my forum, we can put this behind us and I'd love to debate on suspension design. :|

Best Regards,
Jer

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by Wakisashi
George made his point , I don`t think you will see him online here again.
What EXACTLY was his point supposed to be? That he is the McDonald's of suspensions? OR is it that he plays Santa at the local orphans home where he gives each child a PA cap. This of course happens BEFORE he actually delivers all the gifts for the real Santa. Or maybe his point was that he feels guilty for the way he has treated people including customers and feels by throwing money at the community it some how erases the wrongs?

I guess if he has the professionalism to actually come back in here to address the questions that so many seem to have he might also find it in his kind heart to bless us with insight as to how he walks on water. Then again maybe that's his idea of hydraulic lock? :think:

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by marcusgunby
I have noticed from my chats with suspension tuners across the pond and here very few seem to get along-i wonder what it is that working with little round washers makes people react so strange?just trying to add a bit of light humour into this heavy thread.

I also have noticed the "its my cheese" thing going on, I was blamed by another suspension place here in Oregon for a KTM shock leaking, I changed the oil in it 2 years ago and it started leaking last week, H.O.H. said it was my fault because KTM shocks don't leak and send the shock to him and never return to my shop?! :| I don't even know this guy and I'm getting slammed, I guess he thinks I charge to much also but after seeing the inside of his shocks I now know why he is so cheap, anybody could hacksaw the piston faces and then toss in a heavy shim stack. (see there I go tossing rocks just for getting slammed) so, yea I guess its a common problem in the suspension world?

Harry Reed

Oct 1, 2001
Boy,
After reading this thread it almost makes me feel ashamed for someone.
I do not know Jeremy, or George. I have heard good and bad about both. You kind of learn how to sift through the b.s. after a while.

I will say this, since it will be my last post here. You should be ashamed of yourself Jeremy. What you said was borderline slander. How many times have you said this is a non-biased sight ?

You just turned a lot of people off to Pro- Action. How much money did you cost his business with your remarks ? I think an appology is owed to everyone who reads this forum.

Not one of us have a 100% customer satisfaction rate, not even you. You are also not the only person who loves what you do.

Goodbye.

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Harry,
ITs too bad you see it that way. However you have not had to deal with Georges Slannder for the last few years. Care to do search by user name "headtech@pa" this will demonstarte GQ and crews wonton slander and disrespect. I'm sure to the casual onlooker you may question my intentions. Bottom line is this forum is not biased. GQ is not professional, and his company has disrespected everything about being a professional. The facts also stand, that I far from tell anyone I've got perfect customer satisfaction. I acknowlewgde this will give money back if it does not work out.

The problem is we've all seen to much of PA's hack work, followed by wonton lies and disprespect to take it any more.

Harry Its too bad I don't know you any better but you condemantion is a little out of palce if you'll do some reasearch.

Best Regards,
Jer

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
and find time to give advise on the internet (particularly when it always turns into a Hockey Game).

I am not selfish and greedy. I'm actually quite the opposite. I give a lot of time to the local community. I am the director of the Beaver Falls Recreation Board, an Elder in our church, I teach the High School Sunday school class, and just finished a week of being the Story Teller at Vacation Bible School (that's why my posts have been so late at night).

Since when did this turn from a hockey game into a soap oprea?

moto278

Jun 24, 2002
On the subject of PA's hackwork that Jerky Wilkey is talking about. I paid MX-Tech's outrageous price to have my suspension done by him after reading an article that MX-Tech. Turns out it is not bestest in the whole world, the forks were harsh and even after suggested adjustments by MX-Tech it still sucked. I had my local PA redo my suspension and after their "hackwork" amazingly my bike felt extremely better. My local PA worked with me until I was 100% happy with my suspension, and if my local PA didn't have the answers they could get info from any of there other experienced McDonald's, I mean franchises. I guess that's what happens when you recruit experienced individuals from surrounding states. As for the Administrators Thump and TTRider is Jeremy giving you something under the table other then my mother's phone number to get all those nice complements. :aj:

Last edited:

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
moto278,
I am glad you got your suspension ironed out with someone. If you read my comments you will see I have not bashed PA's work, only commented on the ones I know personally. I have however slammed a few, George included, for acting like a moron on this site. Just curious, did you call Jer and complain? Ask for assistance in getting it right? Ask for a refund when it did not work out? I know he is good... but he won't get it perfect everytime... nobody will.

As for your comment about Jer slipping me someting under the table... what joke. I am just a member like you and everyone else here on DRN. Okie gave me administrative rights to help out but when I had Jer do my suspension in 2000 I paid for it like everyone else. He did update it at DW02 free of charge, but that is not whyI compliment his work. Believe it or not I actually like the way his suspension works on my bike.

Lastly, find more appropriate ways to add your sentiments... curse words with a few ** and your other comment don't fly here, not because they were directed at me, but rather because this is DRN, like it or leave it. Rule applies to all.

dell30rb

Uhhh...
Dec 2, 2001
Moto278, Thump is not the only one complimenting jer's work here. About 3x a month I see a post in jer's forum by a REGULAR MEMBER complimenting jer's work, and thanking him. If I could afford it, I would have my suspension sent to him right now. He is always giving others advice in his forum, and never has any shameless plug's for himself

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
I think the bottom line here is get what is best for you! Talk to the different local reps in your area or fairly close to you and see what they say. Get a feel for their services and ability to help you. Go with your gut, get your suspension done by whom ever you feel is right. If you don't like it, then maybe they will fix in until you do. Most companies offer this gurantee, if you like the suspension from whatever company you chose to do it, then great! That's what counts, everyone is different. Just ride what feels right for you.

Bottom line, if you are happy go with it. If not you learned a lesson

best of luck to you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom